Beavers behaving badly

Help Support CattleToday:

gabby

Reaction score
Look what beavers did to a 12-inch corrugated drain pipe at one of my ponds. They ate out the bottom of the pipe for about 10 feet from the outlet where it dumps into a creek. I can't wait to blow them away.
gabby

BEAVER_PIPE_1.jpg

BEAVER_PIPE_2.jpg

You got that right, hutch!

Looks a he!! of a lot like the metal's been corroded by acid to me.

gabby,

If it were me i would not wait to blow them away. I would get me a couple of double spring #4 steel traps and set them just in side the drain and tie the traps chain solid. You more than likely will not have a beaver the next morning once they get in it. But will probably have ones foot. Unless you set the trap so that the beaver will be able to drown itself they will chew their leg off and will then bleed to death.

That is a little cruel but very effective and if you dont want to do it the cruel way you can always use a connibear trap which kills them immeadiately although thoes traps cost a little more.

And then if you know someone who knows how to trap beavers there are ways to make drown sets fairly cheap. I am sure you can put a light on them of a night and blast a few of them but it might take a while to kill all of them.

Have your own beaver on a log contest. Sell tickets for 15 bucks a pop. Contact Mike C for details.

Alice

Alice":1c1ns0lj said:
Have your own beaver on a log contest. Sell tickets for 15 bucks a pop. Contact Mike C for details.

Alice

I won't touch your comment, Alice.

It sure is tempting though. :lol: :shock:

If there is a lodge in the pond, put some dynamite in it and disturb the beavers when the come out ie shooting at them. Wait about 10 minutes and blow the lodge. This should get most of them.

Jogeephus":1gr2kccu said:
If there is a lodge in the pond, put some dynamite in it and disturb the beavers when the come out ie shooting at them. Wait about 10 minutes and blow the lodge. This should get most of them.

I bet you'd be a blast to hang out with! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This method works well, when we did it (neighbor was an explosives man) we blew the dam and the lodge and some other stuff we thought needed adjusted. 8 sticks is the magic number. That way you don't have to wonder.

Nowland Farms":1iue35az said:
IluvABbeef":1iue35az said:

Ahhhhh, errrrrrr, thats a plastic pipe. :)

Ahhhh, errrrr, yeah but it's still corrugated!!! :)

Nowland Farms":2mjn0nis said:
IluvABbeef":2mjn0nis said:

Well, it LOOKED like it was metal, from when I quickly looked at the pics... :oops: Thanks for that, btw.

Yeah, I guess them beavers that chew thru metal are the ones to REALLY watch out for! :shock: :lol:

But plastic?? Really?? THey must be either awfuly bored or they ran out of trees...<shrug>

IluvABbeef":35il162m said:
Nowland Farms":35il162m said:
IluvABbeef":35il162m said:

Well, it LOOKED like it was metal, from when I quickly looked at the pics... :oops: Thanks for that, btw.

Yeah, I guess them beavers that chew thru metal are the ones to REALLY watch out for! :shock: :lol:

But plastic?? Really?? THey must be either awfuly bored or they ran out of trees...<shrug>

I guess PETA would say it's my duty to put out better feed for the poor little critters!! :roll:

Beef11":k7qhmo9j said:

This method works well, when we did it (neighbor was an explosives man) we blew the dam and the lodge and some other stuff we thought needed adjusted. 8 sticks is the magic number. That way you don't have to wonder.

Don't be tempted to spice things up with two bags of saturated nh4no3 on it - its a bit of an overkill and you'll draw concern from your neighbors - even if they live a mile from you.

Latest posts