BEANS! It's what's for dinner . . . .

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp":1mgy1msr said:
dun":1mgy1msr said:
Back then, other then an occasional logging truck you never saw anyone, either hunting or fishing.
Many years ago, Dun. Daaam it!
Yeah, late 50s early 60s. I hunted it a couple of times and fished it frequently in the late 70s and it still wasn;t very crowded for hunting, never saw a soul while I was fishing.

I was in the area in the 70s; then gone to other places you also went to -- we just didn't bump into each other then. There are still nice, quiet places here -- takes a little tougher vehicle to get there, or you need to hike it. It's good country, on this side of the Mts.

We have been eating out of the garden for the last few weeks so our diet has been primarily vegetarian so we got it in our heads we were overdue for some beef. Talked my daughter into making some kaisers and the idea of eating beef got the cogs in my mind crunching. I don't know what you might call this but its sortof a cajun italian sandwich.

I made a rub and rubbed down an eye of round.

IMG_6252.jpg

Then wrapped this in caul fat and doused it liberally with some Tropical Storm pepper sauce which is a mango based pepper sauce.

IMG_6257.jpg

Smoked it using cherry wood for a few hours.

IMG_6264.jpg

Using my daughter's kaiser rolls we put together some hoagies using provolone cheese, peppers and onions cooked in the au jus sauce then the sauce was drizzled over the sliced beef and served with giardiniera, fresh cucumbers and cherry smoked tomatoes.

IMG_6270.jpg

And to top it all off, the sweet smelling one pulled this out of the fridge for desert - and yes - Blue Bell did play a part in this after photo. ;-)

IMG_6272.jpg

Pretty good Father's Day meal.

Latest posts