BEANS! It's what's for dinner . . . .

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
Seeings how it's Father's Day, I have hubby's favorite going on the stove: Navy beans and ham (thought ahead -- cooked the ham last weekend), and his other favorite in the fridge: Peach pie plus TWO cartons of whipped topping (he likes a little pie with his CoolWhip).

We already know what Slick is eating today. How about the rest of you?

Nachos Deluxe for supper. Our beef, fresh homemade guacamole, all the fixins. Refried beans, onions, cheese, jalepenos, sour cream, all as fresh as we can make or get

Alan":33icjkb8 said:
McDonald's or Burger King, unless Jo can send me a care package!!! :D
Don't think Jo's care package would get to you in time for dinner, Alan. But if you jump in the car right now, you could probably be in time for dinner here. (If your rig ran on methane gas, you could probably get back home pretty cheap!) :D

Kathie in Thorp":1kbqq291 said:
dun":1kbqq291 said:
Burgers and fried cabbage...............YUM
Hubby introduced me to fried cabbage a couple years ago -- never heard of it in the Upper states! Pretty good stuff.
When i was a kid we had and lived in Washington, we moved there from Wisconsin. Don;t know where it originated for us

dun":nfl31vmh said:
Kathie in Thorp":nfl31vmh said:
dun":nfl31vmh said:
Burgers and fried cabbage...............YUM
Hubby introduced me to fried cabbage a couple years ago -- never heard of it in the Upper states! Pretty good stuff.
When i was a kid we had and lived in Washington, we moved there from Wisconsin. Don;t know where it originated for us
Dun, you and I have lived in many of the same places!

Kathie in Thorp":32v3ijuu said:
hooknline":32v3ijuu said:
Or unlucky locations. Lol
No, Hook -- Lucky us! We've both covered lots of great country, with many great people. Dun is now in one of my favorite places.
And your not far from one of my favorite lakes.

dun":o6x88snz said:
Kathie in Thorp":o6x88snz said:
hooknline":o6x88snz said:
Or unlucky locations. Lol
No, Hook -- Lucky us! We've both covered lots of great country, with many great people. Dun is now in one of my favorite places.
And your not far from one of my favorite lakes.
Which one, Dun?

Kathie in Thorp said:
Just east of the pass on the south side of the hwy. One of the jillion lakes named "Lost Lake" in WA. It used to be loaded with brook trout

Kathie in Thorp":1heoi23o said:
dun":1heoi23o said:
Kathie in Thorp":1heoi23o said:
Just east of the pass on the south side of the hwy. One of the jillion lakes named "Lost Lake" in WA. It used to be loaded with brook trout
Have not been there, Dun, but that's my county.
Great fishing real good grouse hunting fair deer and elk hunting. That's where I attended school. Or at least that's one of the places I went when I was supposed to be in school.

That lake is 6 miles or so east of Snoqualmie.

Attended school where, Dun? West side, or east side? Still good country for Muleys and Elk but can be hard to get a decent hunting spot, unless you go w/ archery, special ML hunts, or are a Master Hunter program graduate. Few hunts are "open," -- most are draw hunts, even if they crawl over over your property.

Kathie in Thorp":2gm36wv5 said:

Attended school where, Dun? West side, or east side? Still good country for Muleys and Elk but can be hard to get a decent hunting spot, unless you go w/ archery, special ML hunts, or are a Master Hunter program graduate. Few hunts are "open," -- most are draw hunts, even if they crawl over over your property.
On the lake.

dun":2tugf725 said:
Kathie in Thorp":2tugf725 said:

On the lake.
:)

Back then, other then an occasional logging truck you never saw anyone, either hunting or fishing.

Latest posts