BBQS/Grills/SMOKERS

Help Support CattleToday:

We have a charcoal grill. I like to grill hamburgers and steaks pretty often even in cooler weather some. I would grill pork chops or chicken some too, but my wife doesn't like those meats.

I have a charcoal and a pellet grill. I use the pellet grill almost everytime. When i do use the charcoal it is with lump charcoal. Not briquettes drowned in lighter fluid. :ROFLMAO:
Agree on the lighter fluid. That is why I always use a starter chimney. Since it is mostly just me and my wife now, I bought a Redbox Smoker a few years ago. It is compact and easily transportable.

BBQ is a sauce. You put any of it on my grill and there's gonna be trouble.

My smoker is for smoking. Chevy it is home made. Pecan wood is good but so are other woods. They recommend fruit woods for turkeys and other birds.

Brisket is my thing. BBQ sauce goes on after smoking and slicing. I have entered many competitions and the competition is tough ! I did take second once.

In this part of the world:
A grill is what cooks use in restaurant kitchens.
A barbeque is that thing on the porch we cook steaks on. They come in all styles and configurations, direct heat, indirect heat, charcoal, propane, etc. but are all barbeques.

In this part of the world:
A grill is what cooks use in restaurant kitchens.
A barbeque is that thing on the porch we cook steaks on. They come in all styles and configurations, direct heat, indirect heat, charcoal, propane, etc. but are all barbeques.

Yea all depends on where you live what you call it. I knew people called them different wasn't sure exactly in what areas.

Soda/pop/coke/cold drink it's all the same at the end of the day it's a drink.

Around here we call everything a coke, we call them grills and not a bbq. Barbecue is a smoked pork butt with bbq sauce put on it after it's pulled, shredded or sliced. And to me a good bbq sauce is vinegary and not sweet. All of these depend on what part of the country your in and bbq sauces will even vary throughout the South.

BBQ is a sauce. You put any of it on my grill and there's gonna be trouble.

My smoker is for smoking. Chevy it is home made. Pecan wood is good but so are other woods. They recommend fruit woods for turkeys and other birds.

Brisket is my thing. BBQ sauce goes on after smoking and slicing. I have entered many competitions and the competition is tough ! I did take second once.
Do you inject yours?

inject a brisket?
blasphemy!

I still use a home built simple charcoal bbq pit made from oilfield conductor pipe. circa 1979.
It's a bit of a pita to smoke a brisket on since it doesn't have separate fire box (always intended to add one just never got around to it) , but I get by with keeping the fire down on one end and the meat on the other end.
Only pic I have of it.
Picture1009172131_1a.jpg

I had a smoker I made from a 300 gallon tank. loaned it to a guy. He moved to Eastern Ky and took it with him. Made a replacement and ended up donating it to the FFA.

Latest posts