Bathing Show Cattle in the Winter

Help Support CattleToday:

aerogirl1594

Reaction score
I have a show steer for my county fair next year, and I haven't shown cattle in awhile. I was wondering what you all think is the lowest temperature that cattle can be bathed in without being too cold?

If it is really cold where you're at maybe you could bathe the steer indoors out of the cold and wind. try to bathe on a warmer afternoon if possible. You know people wash and groom cattle in cold weather for shows in cold parts of the country every year. Good luck.

ive washed show cattle in winter with no probs.but then again id wash them in milk barn when we finished the nite milking.an always washed them with warm water.an always tryed to dry them real good before taking them out in the nite air.

If the water is not frozen in the hose then you can wash them. If you are planning on doing it daily, only use soap once a week. Do you have a blower? You need to make sure they are completely dry and a blower sure helps.
If it pouring rain or snowing bring him in rinse off the muck and blow him out and work the hair, no since in soaking him down if he is already there.

Latest posts