Baseball size hail!

Help Support CattleToday:

ctlbaron

Reaction score
I don't usually get scared in storms. Yesterday afternoom brought me to the realization of how bad hailstones can be. It broke the windshield of my old ranger pick-up, beat up a calf that straggled behind the rest of the cattle. It actually bloodied him up on the nose and down his back in a couple of places. This stuff would have killed anyone out in it. Mother is 79 years old and she said she had never seen hailstones that large in her life. All in all we came out good compaired to our neighbors in Dickson, Gallatin and McMinville where several people lost their lives. I thank God to be alive and all my family safe. Cars, trucks, cattle and barns can be replaced. I hope all of you are OK as well. Crowder,Paint, and Hoss, I hope you made it through as lucky as I was.

glad to hear you are all OK, that hail is a fightening thing, have had it as big a golf balls here and it broke the windshield of the car, I had to put my hand through it so as I could continue driving.

Glad you're OK. I've been around awhile and been through dozens of storms but never seen hail anywhere close to that size. Hope I never do.

Latest posts