Barrett-Jackson Automobile Auction

Help Support CattleToday:

john250":1r66ijzh said:
Driving up the price of tractors, too.

sold on Barrett-Jackson Auction in Scottsdale, AZ : 1958 Porsche Junior "L" diesel tractor (1 cyl., 3pt., restored)...$18,700

Post a pic when I can.

166868_499756088117_293067298117_6020558_6315495_n.jpg

tractor's are alot easier to restore than automoblles, i got a old chevelle in a million pieces... dam if it aint been more than i bargained for... but its something to work on, the cold winter weekends

ALACOWMAN":1agm8j7l said:
tractor's are alot easier to restore than automoblles, i got a old chevelle in a million pieces... dam if it aint been more than i bargained for... but its something to work on, the cold winter weekends

O.k., I'm curious!

What year? SS? What engine? I'd love to ride in a SS 454 one day; but who wouldn't?

cypressfarms":2p0gvwm3 said:
ALACOWMAN":2p0gvwm3 said:

O.k., I'm curious!

What year? SS? What engine? I'd love to ride in a SS 454 one day; but who wouldn't?
They were a powerhouse when they were new but almost everything was back then. I learned to drive fast in a Buick with a 442 and it was the family car. 105 in 1/4 mile.

ALACOWMAN":1sbmbwyv said:
Yea me too! I have a 68 El Camino........err some assembly required. What year is your Chevelle?

69 SS 396 4 speed, I bought it when i was 18 .me and a buddy swapped it back and forth a few times, then he kept it till he decided he wasnt going to restore it, and let me have it back. i didnt need it but i hated to let it go, seldom do you get the chance.

kenny thomas":2z9xks5m said:
cypressfarms":2z9xks5m said:
ALACOWMAN":2z9xks5m said:

O.k., I'm curious!

They were a powerhouse when they were new but almost everything was back then. I learned to drive fast in a Buick with a 442 and it was the family car. 105 in 1/4 mile.
they were fast back then for sure, but one head off a big block weighs about as much as the complete eng today they can squeeze alot of horse's now out of less

I've got a 66 ford pickup I bought in 76 for $500. I drove it until 86 and parked it, thinking I might restore it some day. I worked for 2 months to come up with the 5 hundred to buy it and have worked for the last 35, trying to get the time and money to restore it. In another 30 or so in will probably be a "barn find" for somebody.

upfrombottom":f7437q3z said:
I've got a 66 ford pickup I bought in 76 for $500. I drove it until 86 and parked it, thinking I might restore it some day. I worked for 2 months to come up with the 5 hundred to buy it and have worked for the last 35, trying to get the time and money to restore it. In another 30 or so in will probably be a "barn find" for somebody.
good body style didnt know mercury built a truck in those years too,, never seen one before in person

ALACOWMAN":182bp1dm said:
upfrombottom":182bp1dm said:
good body style didnt know mercury built a truck in those years too,, never seen one before in person
HUH?????????????

cypressfarms":9tftvdgs said:
ALACOWMAN":9tftvdgs said:

O.k., I'm curious!

I bought one new in 1971, 4 on the floor with posi trac. Wish i still had it.

ALACOWMAN":msdewnzp said:
Calman":msdewnzp said:
Mercury trucks were built in Canada from 46 to 68. Nephew had one.

Cal
no wonder i never seen one , probably few made it this far south

I can remember when my Dad had an old 39 plymouth truck.Got a picture of it around somewhere.

Cal

Probably a lot of us old timers remember some of the clasic cars we used to own.Or cars our dad owned.I for one had several older cars but most would have been hard to restore after I finished with them.
Here is just a few off the top of my head,
67 R/S Camaro
72 GTO Judge
56 Ford Fairlane rag top.
48 Ford Deluxe Coupe
56 Olds Super 88
59 pontiac Bonneville
56 Buick Special
Like to have either one back now in the shape they were when I got them.
In over 50 yrs of owning a car can't remember all of them.But there was a bunch. :lol:

Cal

I think Pontiac made a truck also.

Wish I had my first car back. It was a 68 chevelle ( not a SS but still liked that body style )

You cant even find a 68 around now. Also had a 66 impala SS but it was mostly in a box and I never really tried to put it together.

I've still got my first car, a 67 Goat, crammed in my basement. 400, 4bbl, 4spd. Blue exterior with black interior, all the #'s even match.

Talked myself into selling it a couple times, but always come to my senses first.

cfpinz":2tqinslt said:
I've still got my first car, a 67 Goat, crammed in my basement. 400, 4bbl, 4spd. Blue exterior with black interior, all the #'s even match.

Talked myself into selling it a couple times, but always come to my senses first.
you'd be sick if you did

ALACOWMAN":ax9bozqx said:
upfrombottom":ax9bozqx said:
When did Mercury build a pickup? I don't think they did.

Latest posts