Barrett-Jackson Automobile Auction

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Anybody ever been to this in Scottsville, AZ? It is on the speed channel tonight and tomorrow.
I would love to go but would have to sell all the cows to buy anything. :(

I try not to watch it. It's like playboy and national geographic. The all show me things that I know I'll never be able to have.

I got some friends that have sold and bought there, never been myself, the trucks an cars on the local used lot can get out of my reach.

Every time we watch we kick ourselves for not hanging on to some of our old cars. Who knew? Back in the 70's they were worn out used cars. If only we had been smart enough to put the 64 Impala, the 68 Chevelle SS, the 75 Monte Carlo, the 65 Chevy pickup and some others in storage somewhere.

I tend to not watch things that depress me. If it isn't finding out that what you sold for junk is worth a mint, its finding out that the car you always wanted but couldn't afford, is even further out of reach.

MO_cows":3mrnus8c said:
Every time we watch we kick ourselves for not hanging on to some of our old cars. Who knew? Back in the 70's they were worn out used cars. If only we had been smart enough to put the 64 Impala, the 68 Chevelle SS, the 75 Monte Carlo, the 65 Chevy pickup and some others in storage somewhere.
i dont think the 75 monte's are too valuable yet.

VanC":2dq8pit7 said:
cypressfarms":2dq8pit7 said:
I love to watch it!

For me the dream car is a 1968 Shelby GT500 convertible in red. Not too much to ask for, right?

I found one for ya, cypress. Pretty cheap, too, but you''l have to paint it.

http://store.alshobbyshop.com/1251968shelbygt500.aspx

Hey VanC, I like it! I could even afford that one. I've always had a thing for old Mustangs. My dad bought me a 1973 coupe when I was 14 and we restored it. I street raced it too. Had a couple of '67's, but none that were rare - 5 mustangs total, but I really like the new GT's - 421 horsepower? Are you kidding me? In a new car? I love to watch the auctions though. The contactor that built my house, he's a good friend, went to to auction a few years back in Reno and bought a 1957 chevy red convertible. Everyone's dream, right? I think it cost him $75k - the engine bay and interior needed some work. He's completed it now and could probably sell it for over $100k.

Not Barrett Jackson but the highest price paid for an american car on Mecum auto auction was 7.25 million paid for the championship-winning 1965 Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe CX2601 Aug 15,2009.

Cal

Husband watches it faithfully, even reruns .. :roll:

There are some real beauties that sell. Did you watch it when they sold the ambulance that allegedly took JFK to the hospital after the assassination. They sure do their do diligence to follow through on authenticity of the vehicles.

one things for certain, they have ran the price of collector and mucsle cars up.. but by no means are they a good indicator of what the car is worth... unless you go on the old saying what ever the person is willing to pay and the comission they get to sell one is hefty

Driving up the price of tractors, too.

sold on Barrett-Jackson Auction in Scottsdale, AZ : 1958 Porsche Junior "L" diesel tractor (1 cyl., 3pt., restored)...$18,700

Post a pic when I can.

hillsdown":299i4ech said:
Husband watches it faithfully, even reruns .. :roll:

There are some real beauties that sell. Did you watch it when they sold the ambulance that allegedly took JFK to the hospital after the assassination. They sure do their do diligence to follow through on authenticity of the vehicles.

I did see that. Even though I was young :secret: it brought back some memories.

Anybody know what their commission rate is?

Wife and I were guessing at it the other night.

ALACOWMAN":3btwld0f said:
talked to a car man a few minutes ago, thats pretty well ''in the know'' said the seller pays 2% and the buyer pays 10% :?

That's a crock. It makes me so mad when I go to a sale and there's a buyer's premium. Most of the time this means the majority of the items belong to the auctioneer.

Latest posts