Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-5

• 5-7

• 7+

• Total voters
We have one full time barn cat. We got her from the vet with a new litter of kittens. She raised the kittens down in the barn and has stayed there since. We had her spayed, so am not sure what we're going to do for a replacement. She looks worse every year, thin and scrawney, and we think every year will be her last. But we don't have any mice and she's always glad to see us when we drop in to visit her domain.

We have a timcat, too (neutered Tom). He's a barn cat at night, but spends his days sleeping in the house. What a life he has. :D He's getting some age on him, too.

We have 6 indoor/ outdoor cats. They can come in to eat cat food and can go out to do whatever. They all do their part to keep the mice and rats down. The females are all spayed or neutered what ever applies to females.

thank the lord we only have 3. they are all freakin weirdo's too. but were about to add to the bunch unfortunetly. i do love baby's but that is it. the only cat that i actually like got ran over. :cry: all the little nasty's are inbred. at one time we had 15 little baby kittys. there were ssoo cute, but somehow within a few months we got down to three. thats ok with me. its funny cause you never see the cats with a rat, just the mentally challenged (im not even joking) farm dog. he always has one of those sick rats around.

Frankie":31hqnofm said:
We have one full time barn cat. We got her from the vet with a new litter of kittens. She raised the kittens down in the barn and has stayed there since. We had her spayed, so am not sure what we're going to do for a replacement. She looks worse every year, thin and scrawney, and we think every year will be her last. But we don't have any mice and she's always glad to see us when we drop in to visit her domain.

We have a timcat, too (neutered Tom). He's a barn cat at night, but spends his days sleeping in the house. What a life he has. :D He's getting some age on him, too.

Oklahoma isn't that far from Wyoming, bet Msscamp would give up a kitten to a good home. :D ;-) :oops:

mnmtranching":3rhpum56 said:
Frankie":3rhpum56 said:

Oklahoma isn't that far from Wyoming, bet Msscamp would give up a kitten to a good home. :D ;-) :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We have a cat crew of about 10 - constantly getting new members and others taking vacations. They are a rag-tag bunch but they are very good at their job. Relatively low maintenance and haven't seen a rodent for a long time.

We have eight cats. It pays to get them spayed ASAP!! We can not seem to call animal control when we get drop-off's. You should find them handy to have around. Some will kill rats and some will kill snakes. They are worth having around!!

~

We have 3 full time barn cats, and sometimes a dozen temporary "visiting" cats.

2 of the fulltimers were "drive-by" dropoffs, and the other was a tenants ( but I didn't know ) Russian Blue house pet that didnt like the 3 kids in the house.

Any cat that hangs around the property for more than 24 hours is immediately captured ( by me ) and taken to the vet to be s/neutered & Vaccinated.

So the expensive Russian Blue got neutered along with dozens of other cats I trapped and transported one month.

Sometimes visitors to the farm take aliking to a particular cat, and we let them "adopt" it.

It's a great way to keep our cat population from "overgrazing."

And we always get postcards & presents from the new adoptee.

The 3 resident barn cats really hunt far and wide.
Mice, moles, chipmunks, pigeons, snakes, BIG bugs, lizards and other vermin parts are seen scattered in their favorite feeding areas.

These cats also "supervise" some of our big job projects on the farm. They arrive every mornng where ever we are repairing a building, fence or working cattle and sit and watch.

CowCop":1r20g2qe said:
~

These cats also "supervise" some of our big job projects on the farm. They arrive every mornng where ever we are repairing a building, fence or working cattle and sit and watch.

Wait til they start offering advice and telling you you're doing it wrong! ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

let the food dish get even close to empty and you will find out where you stand!

My cats start to stress out if they can see the bottom of the bowl - but since they eat out of an automatic feeder that I only fill about every 3 weeks - it is probably a good thing!

Poor babies - not!

Not-So-Plain-Country Girl":6po0qgoi said:
I agree. Some days I think our cats see us as being their pets.

I very firmly believe that people do not own cats, cats own people! ;-) :lol: I love dogs, but dogs are more oriented to pleasing their people so they generally don't succeed at the owning thing like cats can - cats don't give a flip whether they are pleasing their people or not! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw a quote on a calendar one time that said "Call a dog and he comes. Call a cat and he takes a message and gets back to you." Truer words were never spoken (or written in this case)!

After the winter coyote eating spree we are apparently down to about 7 cats - no one is truly sure. However there have been signs of two litters - numbers unknown.

All animals are fed as oldest daughter is certain a fed cat makes a better mouser. She might be right - it is a rare day I see a small rodent since the cats came.

Cat catching day - fish nets with hockey sticks to extend the handles, heavy leather gloves and a couple of big boxes - is soon upon us. The free rabies and distemper clinic is next week so I have been told.

Cat round-up is always interesting and you never know how many will get the free needles!

Bez>

there must be something wrong with my cats. i've never seen one with a mouse or a rat.

my g-ma brings out old food for them or else they would never get fed.

haha yeah right, vaccinations for farm cats.(no disrespect to ya'll who do it though.)

I have one dog and no cats. The dog likes it that way. Any cats who come on the place are dealt with by the dog. She takes care of any required burial services too.

Latest posts