barbed wire price

Help Support CattleToday:

houstoncutter

Reaction score
Ok guys, I havent bought a roll of wire in about 3 years....but they want $ 62 a roll for Gaucho wire.... Is that price gouging......Gotta buy it but just want to know ...Thanks

I think that's the goin' price. Last time I bought Gaucho 2-point I paid $23/roll. Priced some two weeks ago and it was $62. I couldn't believe it.

Had to replace 6 sheets of tin on my hay barn a couple of weeks ago and it was $78 per sheet. ("R" panel 20' ft long)

When we priced CFI barb wire (best according to our good fence guy) in our area was $75 a roll. Our fence guy said the "other" brands were basically junk and either didn't stretch right or they stretched on their "own" causing sagging, loose wires... go figure.

i bought a roll of the cheap barbed wire for $45 a roll 3wks ago.an that crapp will break just unrolling it off the spool.the 2 other prices for barbed wire is $65 an $85 a roll.an as soon as i can im going to take back that cheap roll an get my money back on it.

The going price at the local Co-Op is 92.00 roll for the Motto brand. I just bought several rolls and cringed all the way to the register. I sure would like to get some of that 52.00 roll stuff that will last and stretch like Motto. That stuff is outrageous :mad:

This weeks deal here is 12.75ga 5", 2pt utility $54.99.

Cattle panels 4 ga., 50" X 16' $16.99

U posts 14 ga. $2.19

T posts 6'6" $4.99

I bought 3 rolls of Gaucho last week for $52.00 a roll. Prolly gone up since then. I'm trying to work a deal with a local supplier for 5 more rolls along with 3 rolls of 16 ga high tensile electric and 200 6.6 ft T posts. Hoping for a good *deal*.

MistyMorning":2heu8mvd said:
This weeks deal here is 12.75ga 5", 2pt utility $54.99.

Cattle panels 4 ga., 50" X 16' $16.99

U posts 14 ga. $2.19

T posts 6'6" $4.99
6.6" T posts here are $6.10. :help:

HOSS":ne573iqh said:
The going price at the local Co-Op is 92.00 roll for the Motto brand. I just bought several rolls and cringed all the way to the register. I sure would like to get some of that 52.00 roll stuff that will last and stretch like Motto. That stuff is outrageous :mad:

Dang Hoss, I bought a roll of Motto (15 1/2 gauge 80 rod) back on 8/16 that was 48.99.

Did you make someone mad at your Co-op? Or has it gone up that much in the last month?

T-Posts at the local MFA were $5.09 2 weeks ago, some guy in front of me asked, and thought the sales guy was joking when he gave him the price. He put his checkbook away and left the store, can't say I blame him that is ridiculus!

GMN

CUZ":b1iwphi9 said:
HOSS":b1iwphi9 said:

Dang Hoss, I bought a roll of Motto (15 1/2 gauge 80 rod) back on 8/16 that was 48.99.

Did you make someone mad at your Co-op? Or has it gone up that much in the last month?

CUZ........bad typo on my part. After posting this I looked at the ticket again and it was for 2 rolls so that would be about 46.00 per roll. I was having a bad sinus infection day and doped up on Allegra along with a brand spanking new set of glasses. My first set so I am not seeing things clearly. When we went to pick up the first batch of wire we put it on our farm plan so I didn't notice the price but my Dad said it was high so I was cringing at the thought.. We went back for more and I thought we were getting one more roll but Dada picked up two. I didn't notice the ticket until I got home and glanced at it......I thought the 92.00 was for one roll.

HOSS":3gkucy7h said:
CUZ":3gkucy7h said:
HOSS":3gkucy7h said:

CUZ........bad typo on my part. After posting this I looked at the ticket again and it was for 2 rolls so that would be about 46.00 per roll. I was having a bad sinus infection day and doped up on Allegra along with a brand spanking new set of glasses. My first set so I am not seeing things clearly. When we went to pick up the first batch of wire we put it on our farm plan so I didn't notice the price but my Dad said it was high so I was cringing at the thought.. We went back for more and I thought we were getting one more roll but Dada picked up two. I didn't notice the ticket until I got home and glanced at it......I thought the 92.00 was for one roll.

Hoss i priced it at southern states today rangemaster is the brand for $54.95 i have rangemaster to be purty good wire seems to streach tight and stay tight.

rattler

HOSS":q4dybxfc said:
. . . it was for 2 rolls so that would be about 46.00 per roll. I was having a bad sinus infection day and doped up on Allegra along with a brand spanking new set of glasses. My first set so I am not seeing things clearly.

Well, I'm glad it's not there yet, but I'm sure if we live long enough one day it will be.

But now I'm wondering why my co-op is charging me $3 a roll more than yours.

PS Hope your sinuses are cooperating better.

PSS Does this mean you have to change from Billy Bob to somebody wearing glasses?

Latest posts