Banana Icecream - One Ingrediient

Help Support CattleToday:

Suzie Q

Reaction score
This afternoon I made banana ice cream. One ingredient.

Peel, cut into coins, freeze, stick blend or food processor and freeze again until solid.

It is amazing how easy and creamy it is.

You can experiment with adding ingreditients if you like - cocoa, nutella, honey, berries, etc

I feel really stupid sorry. Is bananas the only ingredient? Any suggestion for extending the mixture?

There is an As Seen on TV machine for processing bananas and other frozen fruit into something like soft serve ice cream.
You can add peanut butter too. I've never tried it.

The website recommends using over ripe bananas.

http://www.yonanas.com/

And I thought my youngest daughter invented this. She does it with bananas and strawberrys. Very refreshing in the summertime. More like a smoothie. A little rum or vodka goes well too. For me, not her

I would think it could be extended with this
de-kuyper-creme-de-bananes-banana-l.jpg

I can't do alcohol. It makes me mean. I see other people drink, and they seem very content. It does not have a calming effect of any kind on me.

You can experiment with whatever you like, some people put almond milk in, some people cocoa or strawberries. Whatever you would like.

Yesterday morning I had buckwheat (never heard of it before, but it was on special) pancakes with honey and banana ice cream for breakfast.

I will be having it today too as the mixture is in the fridge.

Yes you read right, one ingredient which is of course bananas. It is amazing how creamy and like ice cream it is with no milk or cream in it.

Suzie Q":28jzd4il said:
This afternoon I made banana ice cream. One ingredient.

Peel, cut into coins, freeze, stick blend or food processor and freeze again until solid.

It is amazing how easy and creamy it is.

You can experiment with adding ingreditients if you like - cocoa, nutella, honey, berries, etc
Or peel, wrap in foil and freeze whole....instant popsicle. ;-)

If you want to get crazy, mix SusieQ's banana puree with plain Greek yogurt, creme of coconut, and shredded coconut that has been infused with raw cane sugar, and freeze the whole concoction into popsicles.

ga.prime":1nqr1a4f said:
If you want to get crazy, mix SusieQ's banana puree with plain Greek yogurt, creme of coconut, and shredded coconut that has been infused with raw cane sugar, and freeze the whole concoction into popsicles.

That and some of Jo's banana rum would make a great summer treat . :D Have to copy this and save to my recipe's page . :tiphat:

The best thing is that bananas are high in potassium so whatever you add to them they will still be good for so . :lol:

Latest posts