Baling wire

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
One of humankind's top 3 or 4 greatest creations. Just bought my third box in less than 10 years. Ran out of the 100 year's worth that was in the barn attic about 10 years ago. First box bought in conjunction with a fence project cost $65. 2 years ago or so it was up to around $90 if I recall correctly, and this latest was $122.52 tax included.

I did buy some 2 wire oat hay in that time that was baled with wire, but that was the last I saw. It was not very good hay from a hobby farmer. I really miss good wire on hay.

Twine is just about completely useless and I've seen a few dead stomach piles with a lot in there. Tie wire IS completely useless in my opinion but baling wire is good for so much.

Thankyou for your sympathy. :cry2:

People talk about the fertilizer they get when they buy in hay. I look on baling wire as another freebee that is as necesarry as the fertilizer

Each to his own, I buy a couple hundred square bales a year, some years wire tied, some not. I ain't a guy that carries pliers, or a knife for that matter, and I like the twine a lot better than the wire. I end up with all my gates and fences with wire wrapped around them and have to eventually clean it off. However, I do have a piece of wire handy at all times. gs

Latest posts