Baler Lacing

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I bought the tractor supply lacing took think it was $154.00 worth every penny. I crimped the belt and baled 110 bales today. The first thing I did was cut the bad end off straight then grinded some of the traction edging down so that it would penetrate better and crimped it.

Cut the corners of the belt at a 45 degree angle before you re-lace the lace. That way there is not a square point to drag and catch hay causing it to pull the belt.

Kenny I was going too but my razor broke and I was in the barn 10 miles from home so I said forget it and let it roll I was going to do that though.

Looks good. Keep it under your hat or you will have neighbors coming over, after-hours, looking for some belt fixing. At least that is what happens here. :D

Thanks for posting with pics. The lacing looks good. If it weren't for needing a vice I would buy the same lacer. Glad it worked for you.

Thanks yall its worth its weight in gold. I like using the vice its sliding the lil thing every 3 staples and pressing that is a P.I.T.A.

skyhightree1":2csvqe2b said:
Kenny I was going too but my razor broke and I was in the barn 10 miles from home so I said forget it and let it roll I was going to do that though.

You need to turn in your man card. Real men tote a pocket knife. The only time I don't have one in my pocket is when I don't have my britches on. and on those occasions I carry it in my boot.

skyhightree1":3p0t6snu said:

Wire cutters?

Always carry them - they work

Used to use the same type of system to repair belts underground in the potash mine.

8 foot wide belts

Cheers

Bez

I agree worth every penny. I've sold 1000's over the years and very few complaints
Since you already bought one I shouldn't mention I hear lots of people bragging about the alligator rivet lacing :D

Shanghai":1wuo0c2h said:
I agree worth every penny. I've sold 1000's over the years and very few complaints
Since you already bought one I shouldn't mention I hear lots of people bragging about the alligator rivet lacing :D

I will be replacing all my belts soon and wanted to get the alligator lacing but the parts guy at the dealer told me that some of the rollers on my baler (NH 650) are too small for that type of lacing. It made sense, but I hadn't ever heard that before. Has anyone ever had an issue with that style of lacing?

M5farm":tffovw6l said:
skyhightree1":tffovw6l said:

You need to turn in your man card. Real men tote a pocket knife. The only time I don't have one in my pocket is when I don't have my britches on. and on those occasions I carry it in my boot.

:lol2: M5 I keep a pocket knife on me all the time clipped on my pocket but try cutting one of those belts with a semi sharp pocket knife lol Heres my pocket knife can I get my man card back :hide:

at least you have something. No we all know you will undoubtedly receive some gifts next week for fathers day. My I suggest you request a real knife such as a case trapper that you can actually keep sharp. I will give you the same advise my granddaddy gave me one time when I was young and I pulled out a cheap barlow knife that was very dull to cut something. he said " here is a dime stick down by the blade and throw it over the fence" I asked what would that do? He said " nothing but atleast it would be worth something"

M5farm":3g59pk6u said:
at least you have something. No we all know you will undoubtedly receive some gifts next week for fathers day. My I suggest you request a real knife such as a case trapper that you can actually keep sharp. I will give you the same advise my granddaddy gave me one time when I was young and I pulled out a cheap barlow knife that was very dull to cut something. he said " here is a dime stick down by the blade and throw it over the fence" I asked what would that do? He said " nothing but atleast it would be worth something"

LOL great story. I have a history with knives and losing pocket knives out in the field by geting under equipment etc My mom bought me a nice knife I loved cant remember the brand she bought it at a gun show for me and i lost it out my pocket somewhere. I like the clip on knives now whatever knife I get has to be clip on.

ChrisB":2enjftmd said:
Shanghai":2enjftmd said:

I will be replacing all my belts soon and wanted to get the alligator lacing but the parts guy at the dealer told me that some of the rollers on my baler (NH 650) are too small for that type of lacing. It made sense, but I hadn't ever heard that before. Has anyone ever had an issue with that style of lacing?

I have been told the alligator lacing won't work on NH balers. I was going to use them too. Yes the rollers are too small and have to make too tight a turn on the small tension rollers.

Shanghai":10knl4vp said:

Lol as long as mine works I'm good

Latest posts