Baldy heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

How much are they worth? At the sale barn they should bring good money. When I am done with these last two heifers I will not be buying heifers again. You can't afford to lose one. I wish I would of listen to CB.

You know they sound high, but when you really put your calculator to them they aren't that far off. In m area, you'd put some miles on your truck, and some time in the truck seat putting together a group of almost 50 uniform baldie heifers.

I know where there are 50 hd 8wt yearling angus heifers for 1400
A nice set too

It'd be a long time making them baldy's pay

Back when I was still roping I use to see people put some pretty high prices on horses just to get some attention. They really didn't want to sell them unless someone wanted to pay the high price. They really just wanted to see what someone might offer them so they would know what the horse was actually worth.

I believe he is a little high as the demand is/has shifting away from CAB and more to Chars.
But he does have the factor of a shortage of cattle/good heifers going in his favor.
And that might just be his starting price.
Liz

Deepsouth":3q31n0d7 said:
Back when I was still roping I use to see people put some pretty high prices on horses just to get some attention. They really didn't want to sell them unless someone wanted to pay the high price. They really just wanted to see what someone might offer them so they would know what the horse was actually worth.

It don't hurt to ask and you might get an offer higher than you're really wanting

cross_7":21adjyr3 said:
Deepsouth":21adjyr3 said:

It don't hurt to ask and you might get an offer higher than you're really wanting
That's true.

highgrit":1bbm2iyi said:
How much are they worth? At the sale barn they should bring good money. When I am done with these last two heifers I will not be buying heifers again. You can't afford to lose one. I wish I would of listen to CB.

Those baldies are in Texas.
TB posted this last month.

WACO STOCKYARDS
SALE Tuesday, Jan.14, 2014

Heifers #1
300-400 lbs ......... 175-215
400-500 lbs ......... 165-190
500-600 lbs ......... 155-180
600-700 lbs ......... 150-170
700-800 lbs ......... 140-160

Young Pregnancy Test Stocker Replacement Cows 950 to 1575

Cow & Calf Pairs
Young Choice ... 1650 to 1950
Young Fair ........ 1350 to 1650
Aged Pairs ........ 1000 to 1350

NC Liz 2":2zmgmz7c said:
I believe he is a little high as the demand is/has shifting away from CAB and more to Chars.
But he does have the factor of a shortage of cattle/good heifers going in his favor.
Liz

I'll have a round of whatever it is Liz is drinking.

TennesseeTuxedo":3oy2hd43 said:
NC Liz 2":3oy2hd43 said:
Liz

I'll have a round of whatever it is Liz is drinking.
LOL + 1 :nod:

That's not a good deal. Heck I'll take $1000 for this one right now. :cboy:

image_zpsdf7a2bbf.jpg

Last Sunday AC and I drove 120 miles to look at a set of "nice, ready to breed in 60 days" blacks and black baldy's for a 1,000 a piece. 10% were replacement quality, the rest feeder heifers.
Weight was off by 200 lbs too.

The father of the guy that runs one of the local sale barns here told me killer cows brought 2$ lb recently.
"Yikes", was all I could say.
I don't keep up with markets much, but I never got that much for one.

cmf1":1joxv9i2 said:
The father of the guy that runs one of the local sale barns here told me killer cows brought 2$ lb recently.
"Yikes", was all I could say.
I don't keep up with markets much, but I never got that much for one.

I've been to the barn the last two weeks in Hattiesburg and didn't see anything close to that for kill cows.

Latest posts