Baldy heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

jedstivers":3nqj36of said:
Yeah CB sure talks tough doesn't he. If Mrs. CB hadn't have been there he would have bid against himself.

Jed the Brangus cow in the picture is named Baby and I didn't name her.
After 20 or 21 bull calves I had to end her career. Never got a heifer out of her.
She is the heifer my wife bought for triple or quadruple the going price of the day.
She could be lead anywhere. The Mrs would ride the 4 wheeler or mule to give her treats most every day.
When the day came that I had to give the bad news I had the wife, kids and grand kids mad at me for awhile.
She is in her teens in this picture.

Cow pollinator is right, they are not true baldies. At the last sale around here, which was Friday, they were going for over 1400.

Caustic Burno":21fxyvyo said:
greybeard":21fxyvyo said:
cross_7":21fxyvyo said:
That's what some call them

Replacement Heifers for Sale: 42 - Brangus Blady Heifers - Texas
That's what I've always heard that cross called. Hereford bull X Brangus cows.

Looks like this bunch sold--asking price was $1600--"negotiable"--maybe he got $1600--maybe not.
http://www.cattlerange.com/310C456-201/310C456-201.html

Seen them bring more than that. Heck I paid more than that for one from a little 4H girl and thought I am out of my mind.
Looking what is out there the cow is in line with current pricing. I gave 1800 for this heifer last spring.
It is a commercial 4H FFA show and she is halter broke, hate to see what I might bring home in April when I go to the commercial show and sale. The Mrs. is going this year that always cost me extra she bought a Brangus 20 years ago cause most of the buyers had left and the little girl was crying. She had drawn the last spot in the sale and it was only us and two other buyers left. Those tears cost me 2000 dollars.
If I remember right my wife made sure she brought close to top dollar. I started the bidding and she bid, I said you know you are bidding against me and it is the same checkbook. She said yep I bowed out and she kept raising the bid. I sat there and bit my bottom lip until she finished.
Dam CB, she's puuurrrrdy! :heart:

Latest posts