Avg Rate per mile for hauling hay

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
What's the average rate per loaded mile in your area to haul a load of ~350 small squares with a dual tandem gooseneck, around 200 miles?

Thanks.

Told the owner I'd assist with loading/unloading, but it's not my responsibility. I'll most likely stack it myself, don't care to drive a truck/trailer that someone else has stacked. Was figuring on charging an hourly rate for myself when I was stacking/throwing them off.

Thanks for the info.

cfpinz":3oqcwuxj said:
What's the average rate per loaded mile in your area to haul a load of ~350 small squares with a dual tandem gooseneck, around 200 miles?

Thanks.
hauling rates are from $2.50 to $4 a loaded mile.your smart in loading the hay an tieing it down yourself.

bigbull338":1vt3699e said:
cfpinz":1vt3699e said:

Thanks.
hauling rates are from $2.50 to $4 a loaded mile.your smart in loading the hay an tieing it down yourself.

I'd be willing to bet that anyone that charged $4.00 a mile, won't be hauling much hay. :shock:

HEREFORD ROADHOG":19pte3mz said:
bigbull338":19pte3mz said:
cfpinz":19pte3mz said:

Thanks.

I'd be willing to bet that anyone that charged $4.00 a mile, won't be hauling much hay. :shock:
Why is that mileage cost has always ran within a few cents of fuel cost
sure can't afford to haul for much less than $3.75 right now with the cost of fuels,tires and repairs
If I couldn't get $3.75 or $4pr loaded mile I will just leave the ol Pete sit at the house where it doesn't cost anything

HEREFORD ROADHOG":2jybkztr said:
bigbull338":2jybkztr said:
cfpinz":2jybkztr said:

Thanks.

Anyone that charges 2.50 won't be doing it long. Get that freight while you can.

Latest posts