Australia blocks sale........

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Unlike the US as we sold some of our vital food companies to the Chinese and others, Australia government said no.....The cattle/hog/poultry etc. farmers in the US will pay from now on for the government allowing foreign investors buy up our food supply companies........

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/australia-blocks-kirins-dollar430m-sale-of-business-to-chinese/ar-BB18l6oS?li=BBnbfcL

Australia blocks Kirin's $430M sale of business to Chinese

CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — Australia's government announced on Tuesday it proposed to block Kirin Holdings Co.'s 45.6 billion yen ($430 million) sale of its Australian beverage unit to a Chinese company in a development likely to increase strain on Chinese-Australian relations.

BB18kUjI.img

I was so happy to hear this. There has been a number of similar situations. Way to much is foreign owned here. I own stock in a gas pipeline company and the Chinese did a very generous takeover offer on the company. I voted against it but management voted in favour of the sale. The government blocked it saying it was against national security. I was so happy, actually started believing in my country again. The stock has now risen above the takeover price anyway.

This is only recent....we have been selling our donkey (ass) for as long as our currency has been departed from anything of value.

Do not look toward us for guidance....

I can go to the hardware, and between all the made in china, I can find some made in usa....go to your hardware, tell me what is aussie made....we sold off everything donkeys ages ago.

We are pathetic imo, but, the virus and chinese drums of war are waking some up.

PS we sell heaps to us companies wanting to do what trump calls a bad deal....our officials are the kings of bad deals.

lol....our govt gave lots of money too gm too keep making our local cars, they cut that out ....now launching own brand, no offer of giving money back....

Yeah, the kings of bad deals ..... we need our own trump.

To give a bit more info, recently, the Chinese have made moves that too me look purely like blackmail, they want to drive a wedge between us and the US and to also show they have a lot of influence on our economy.

So, only recently, our fed govt has made moves so they can oversee all deals made by states or education bodies etc to make sure they are in our interests, now, you would think that would be in place from day dot.....but nah, it has taken Covid and Chinese aggressiveness to open some eyes.

It really has been sickening how we have done things, the PM we have now is the FIRST I can remember to stand up and take notice to this and do something, and prior, he was the one to gain control of our borders.

I will post one of the most stunning, unbelievable acts of stupidity in a following post, I doubt even the leftist of the left in the US would consider such a stupid. idiotic move.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-12/why-did-northern-territory-sell-darwin-port-to-china-what-risk/10755720

greggy said:
To give a bit more info, recently, the Chinese have made moves that too me look purely like blackmail, they want to drive a wedge between us and the US and to also show they have a lot of influence on our economy.

So, only recently, our fed govt has made moves so they can oversee all deals made by states or education bodies etc to make sure they are in our interests, now, you would think that would be in place from day dot.....but nah, it has taken Covid and Chinese aggressiveness to open some eyes.

It really has been sickening how we have done things, the PM we have now is the FIRST I can remember to stand up and take notice to this and do something, and prior, he was the one to gain control of our borders.

I will post one of the most stunning, unbelievable acts of stupidity in a following post, I doubt even the leftist of the left in the US would consider such a stupid. idiotic move.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the left in this country.

greggy said:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-12/why-did-northern-territory-sell-darwin-port-to-china-what-risk/10755720
They win The Wooden Spoon...as do Citgo, Smithfield, and Shell/Motiva...

Latest posts