aureomycin 2g crumbles

Help Support CattleToday:

midtncattle

Reaction score
I have a bull that has pink eye. He has been treated with LA 300 and Vertericyn Spray. Numerous people have suggested I mix some aureomycin crumbles in with feed or mineral just as a percaution for the other cattle. All my cattle have been vacinateed for pink eye. I bought aureomycin 2g crumbles today, but the instructions are not clear and when I google it all I really find info on is the 4g crumbles. I have 14 head. How much should I mix with a 5 gallon buckets full of feed to put in the bunk?

for pinkeye I think you would almost want a 10g crumble or similiar. I don't use it for pinkeye so I use 2g.

Edited:
Disregard this you only have 14 head, and that would be a pain in the ass measuring out that small amount. Stay with the 2g.

Never used it either. So I should do 2.5 lbs a day for 28 days, got it. Seems like a lot of trouble for 28 days. Thanks for help. PS: What do you mean by top dressed. I mixed it with feed today and they ate it all. I do see how it is impossible to know how much each head gets.

midtncattle":2gl0qsaf said:
Never used it either. So I should do 2.5 lbs a day for 28 days, got it. Seems like a lot of trouble for 28 days. Thanks for help. PS: What do you mean by top dressed. I mixed it with feed today and they ate it all. I do see how it is impossible to know how much each head gets.
When feeding it to lightweight holsteins and they were recieving limited grain, we always dumped feed in the bunk, then as all the calves came to bunks, we would sprinkle the ctc on top of the grain, that way everyone is hungry and eating from the top. Sometimes we found by mixing the ctc in the feed, some would only eat a bit and others would really belly up and take more than their share , but right at first they are all hungry, and they all get the CTC if it is top dressed.

Our local feed store sells an auromycin,mineral and salt mix that I try to keep out all year long but even though I vaccinated for pink eye my cows still had alot of it this summer.Tall fescue probably caused most of it.

Being new to the game I didn 't realize how importnat it is to keep the fescue height down. I will do a better job of that next year.

Latest posts