Ashe trees dying everywhere.......................

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
It is going to be a challenge the next few years keeping fencing going in a few places were these trees are dying. I have a guy lined up to log out what will make a good log as this is the last year the way these trees are dying. Anybody else having or going to have problems from these trees dying?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... vironment/

dun":2eu8xu8m said:
Is it maybe from Ash Borer(emerald ash borer)

Yes it is the Emerald Ask Borer and it is killing all of the ash here.
John, I have been mapping the movement of the borer and it has spread a lot this year it is coming from west to east through the county very fast. Worst thing is that it has been in the tree for year before you notice it. Hope you are able to salvage some of the logs.

Had 3 massive Ash trees in the yard, EAB got the last one this year. Sad. Priced treating them 2 years ago..quoted 800-1000$ per tree with no guarantee of success. EAB-3. bball -0. :bang:

I just had the state forester out to my new place. We've got several gigantic ash trees. He told me to cut them all down, even if just for firewood. At best they are going to fall, at worst they will help spread the bug.

SJB":30p7u4dz said:
for firewood. At best they are going to fall, at worst they will help spread the bug.

Last month, a gigantic one fell from the other side of the stream/river, in front of our place. It mashed the guard-rail and came clear across the road. That old tree had to be at least 70' or more tall and more than 36" diatmeter. The amount of firewood from that old tree is incredible! And the pile we have is just from the "top" limbs and upper part of the trunk. The rest of it is sitting there, crossing the river like a foot bridge. The way it is situated makes it really difficult to cut the rest of it.

The years that tree has seen, if it could talk. A real shame. It still had a bunch of green leaves on it. That was an ancient tree.

A few years ago there was one of those triangular purple sticky things hanging up, catching insects to get a count.

Latest posts