Armadillos

Help Support CattleToday:

That's what I like about this place. I learn something useful everyday. Armadillos are not very plentiful in my part of the world,(only see one every once in a while),but now I can cook em, eat em, and get medicine if I get Leprosy. :)

or a golf club............... :shock: butcha gotta be a perdy fast runner. and yes they have hair on their belly's and in their ears......like men sorta :p

When I was a kid, we use to chase armadillos through a local graveyard with baseball bat. But the most interesting way I've seen to get rid of them was to let my friends pit bull loose on em. He would grab the dillo and just crunch through the shell. Instant dead armadillo, and one happy pit bull, and several laughing teenagers.

They can make very good exhaust inspectors. They will even help the repairman by starting removing damaged parts. :D

jersey lilly":2kg7vl12 said:
or a golf club............... :shock: butcha gotta be a perdy fast runner. and yes they have hair on their belly's and in their ears......like men sorta :p

Dang, I saw that comment about the bat. I highly don't recommend that method. I did it one time and that sucker busted like a ripe tomato, ALL OVER ME! Guns only now for me.

this reminds me of a story:

Mr Lilly's grandma lives right down the road, she's 101, and is forever callin down here and tellin us, "I gotta job for you". One mornin about 7 am she called and wanted Mr Lilly to come get rid of a coon she'd caught in a live trap. So he gets the small .22 pistol, since it's a small critter and in a cage type trap, he didnt wanna do any damage to the trap. Off we go, git down there, and we are standin there lookin at this lil PO'd coon in the trap. He takes the pistol and puts it just inside one of the holes in the trap, fissin to shoot it. Next thing I know the coon reaches up and grabs the pistol, and took it outta Mr Lilly's hand. He's fumblin tryin to get it back, lil coon fingers are all over the gun, it spun around several times on top of the trap, with them fightin over it. Skeered the crap outta me, I told Mr Lilly after he finally got it back and shot the coon, "I just knew I was gonna be writin an obituary that said, Man shot by coon!!!"

Sawgum":1fe9js33 said:
If anyone has a use for armidillos I seemed to have had a bumper crop. .......... They must be good for something but I aint figured out what yet. Any Ideas?

Seems like we have had a bumper crop of them this year too. I've seen more than I ever have in the past. Went riding (horseback) a month or so ago, had blue heeler along with me, and she scared up around 8-10 of them in a few hour ride. I shot 3 of them in about 5 minutes while going out to feed one day.

Found out after that I could get $10/head for them. Told the wife we were sittin' on a gold mine, and have only seen one since. Can't tell you who's buying them - don't want to flood the market. :D

TXBobcat":1bs8ouv2 said:
Found out after that I could get $10/head for them. Told the wife we were sittin' on a gold mine, and have only seen one since. Can't tell you who's buying them - don't want to flood the market. :D

Probably McDonalds......... :shock:

flaboy+":xzovkd04 said:
TXBobcat":xzovkd04 said:

Probably McDonalds......... :shock:
Armadillo is much better eating than anything McDonalds sells.

Had a National Park Ranger tell me they had an excellent purpose. If you got lost in the National Forest you could always follow an armadillo. They always head for the nearest highway!

sidney411":1han6oks said:
Darn it! I just ate Mickey Dee's for lunch - now I'm starting to feel a little sick......
Heck sidney, anything that I have ever ate there made me sick. Haven't ate at a McDonalds since about 1977 or 1978. It has been awhile.

la4angus":3c6slghz said:
sidney411":3c6slghz said:
Darn it! I just ate Mickey Dee's for lunch - now I'm starting to feel a little sick......
Heck sidney, anything that I have ever ate there made me sick. Haven't ate at a McDonalds since about 1977 or 1978. It has been awhile.

1979 for me. Ate a sammich, got sick, never went back.

No surprise they won't divulge the ingredients to their burgers. It cause they are soy and diller. :lol:

did ya know that dillo cant see very well.. they can jump about 3 feet in teh air when they are scared.. I was hunting one time and decided to sit for a while at the bottom of a tree when this dillo appeared about 10 yards from me. I watched walk closer and when it got about 2 feet from me I touched on the back with a stick. It jumped straight up and ran like it was shot from a cannon.
I target practice with my bow on them also.

You can keep armadillos away with sulfur powder, athough you will have to put fresh out if it rains on it.

Medic I have a 10 year old that would love to be your guide. He spent a couple of hours wondering around on our land and killed 5 of them. It's his new favorite past time!!!

Latest posts