Anyone shoot the 300 blackout

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":3aa912v2 said:
jedstivers":3aa912v2 said:
I don't have one but I've shot them suppressed. The most you hear is the sound of the gun chambering a fresh round. If ammo wasn't so expensive for them I'd like to have one.
Why not reload for it?
That's what the two friends that have them are doing. I never have taken that up, I don't seem to have enough time for the things I'm doing now so trying not to add more stuff. I have started saving brass though.

Ryder":ef6x7zau said:
hillbilly beef man":ef6x7zau said:
Dumb question, but how do you keep up with brass with an auto? Do those goofy looking brass catchers actually work? Reloaded for years but never for an auto. I am in the process of slowley building an ar, so I will need to know this someday.
Not a dumb question.
Not the same thing but I put a stronger recoil spring in my 1911 .45 and the brass doesn't kick out near as far. Makes it a lot easier to find. Of course I'm talking pistol, not rifle.

Hillbilly, or anybody, How much you figure you can save building your own AR?
One man told me he saved $500. Does this sound reasonable?

It depends on what you want, but $500 would be pretty high in my opinion. More like $200-250.

Prices are cheap right now. If I was looking for a general purpose 300, the S&W M&P-15 would be it. Better quality than some of the others, and very reasonably priced.