Anyone lease HeatWatch System?

Help Support CattleToday:

dlwardell

Reaction score
Hi - Only have 5 cows at this time and want to start AI'ing them all. Does anyone lease the HeatWatch® Estrus Detection System or maybe have a refurbished one for sale?

Synchronize them with cidrs and time breed them. When you pull the cidrs paint their tail heads. If you can heat detect from the time you pull cidrs till breeding you might get one that would be missed.

CIDR is an intervaginal implant that dispense progesteron into the cow and prevents them from cycling. They do a very good job whane used with a prostaglandin and gnrh shots to synchronize ovulation.

dlwardell":2lin04u1 said:
Hi - Only have 5 cows at this time and want to start AI'ing them all. Does anyone lease the HeatWatch® Estrus Detection System or maybe have a refurbished one for sale?
By the time it is all said and done a spotter bull (gomer) would be a better investment. You are usually better off with natural heat cycles. Before buying the spotters I tried watching them for signs of heat that cows often display. I found that this often happens when I was not there. The marker bull lets me know every time. The only drawback is that one cannot tell exactly what time the cow was standing. HeatWatch will give that info.

I actually may have my problem solved!! Today, one of my heifers came into heat and the Ram (yes, sheep) was the first to notice! He is following her around and smelling her and acting just like a bull! Too funny!

Latest posts