Anyone interested in a barren cow for a pet?

Help Support CattleToday:

Everybody needs a little pasture art on their place. :lol: I don't think I could get $1200 worth of hamburger out of her and I dang sure don't need any pets on my place.

Deepsouth":1k6h2z4a said:
Somebody will buy her. Excellent marketing strategy.

You're probably right. But would someone who did that even qualify as a Hobby Rancher, or is that a whole other category?

It says "Barren since her last calf". Doesn't sound like she's sterile. Low on mineral?

Hey. She's "registered". Some of you are big on papers.

I still require my pets to produce.. she does have a nice rack on her.

If "very tame" means she'll allow you to feed her treats, I'll definitely pass... Very tame is when they come running for the 1% chance that there could possibly be a treat

cowboy43":7sc2g2c6 said:
What is the difference ,keeping a sterile heifer or keeping a sterile steer as I have seen people do? :cboy:

None that I'm aware of. And if someone wants to do that I don't care. It just seems like a lot of money.

They ran a steer through the sale about a year ago that had a rack so big that he couldn't fight with a horse anymore and that's the only reason he made it to the sale. He looked like he was about 1/4 watusi and the rest longhorn. As I recall he brought upwards of $2000. I don't remember who bought him but all they were getting was horns.

If local I would give $800 for that particular cow today and make money barren or not. I am not opposed to having a pet that can make me money. $1200 is a little steep for me though.

Latest posts