Anyone got a '61-66 Ford sitting out back?

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
For some reason I've got the notion to tinker with an old truck and would like to find an old '61-66 Ford to mess with. Ideally, I'd love to find a F250 4wd, but would entertain others. Not looking to do a complete restoration on it, just patch it good enough to be roadworthy and have a good time. If anyone has one sitting out back or knows where one is, I'd appreciate the help.

Thank You.

Yea in a creek. Bahahahahaha!!! Just playing!! 🙌🏾
I want a 47 Chevy if ya'll happen to know where one is. We had a chance to buy a real nice one once. My husband decided he would wait, he been kicking his own butt ever since. This one was REAL nice good price too. I keep telling him to buy it but he talked himself out of it. I should have just went bought it. 😍

For some reason I've got the notion to tinker with an old truck and would like to find an old '61-66 Ford to mess with. Ideally, I'd love to find a F250 4wd, but would entertain others. Not looking to do a complete restoration on it, just patch it good enough to be roadworthy and have a good time. If anyone has one sitting out back or knows where one is, I'd appreciate the help.

Thank You.

Might put a listing on your local Craigslist. That would be where you'd likely stir something up that is close by.

I will keep an eye open. 78/79 is my favorite and one of these days when I am rich and good looking with lots of free time I am gonna restore one! Would love to drop a 7.3 Powerstroke or 5.9 Cummins in one.

Here is a 66 that a little restoration will make a nice truck.

Here is one that has been converted to a 3/4 that could use some TLC.

Here you go. If you can look on facebook, ottawa, ks you can see a picture.

Dayle Borgman

March 7, 2019 ·

65 Ford pick up Body ,no motor has frame but is broke , My husband was going to fix up but has changed his mind ..Pu in Tightwad Mo. No Holds ...800.00 or best reasonable offer ..

$800 · Clinton, MO
1965 ford F150 Regular Cab

1616031275002.png

Here is a 66 that a little restoration will make a nice truck.

Here is one that has been converted to a 3/4 that could use some TLC.

That one in AZ is the exact condition I'd like, just hit it with a buffing wheel and shoot a coat of clear over it to seal it up.

Here you go. If you can look on facebook, ottawa, ks you can see a picture.

Dayle Borgman

March 7, 2019 ·

65 Ford pick up Body ,no motor has frame but is broke , My husband was going to fix up but has changed his mind ..Pu in Tightwad Mo. No Holds ...800.00 or best reasonable offer ..

$800 · Clinton, MO
1965 ford F150 Regular Cab

View attachment 3187
That's right neat looking, and I've been to Tightwad quite a few times - no joke!

I found a 4wd F250 just like what I want (although in a bit rougher condition) in Missouri, but the seller doesn't know how to use a telephone obviously.

That one in AZ is the exact condition I'd like, just hit it with a buffing wheel and shoot a coat of clear over it to seal it up.
I remember my dad having a 66 that looked a lot like that (different color) and it would easy out pull the 71 he traded it too. He always wish he had the 66 back. Then he got a 78 Ford and it was the biggest POS ever made.

That's the exact color I'm looking for, but just a lot nicer than I'm willing to pay for. Did you read the ad? It's hilarious! :ROFLMAO:

I did. It's not far from me, maybe 2 hours. Like you said, kinda pricey but looking at the prices are now, what could I do..... I have been looking for an old one myself for a while. 2504wd fan also. Like the highboys! Also thought about a late 50's body dropped onto my rusted out bronco. The 85 Bronco has 35k original miles. Everything is nice but the body. Found it on the west coast of Florida 10 years ago in a barn at an estate sale. Hasn't been on the road since 91. My dreams are only limited by my wallet....

I've seen quite a few highboys out there for sale, but they seem to have quite a cult following and the prices are reflected. I'm more into the Sanford and Son type vehicles, and price range....

I dont want to sit it in the barn and look at it either. I want it to be my farm truck/daily driver. I'm not easy on a truck. Defeat the purpose to have a nice one. What is your level of repair? How about this?

I do! But aside from going in for a restoration, this lovely lady is not leaving the family! My grandpa bought her brand new in '66, along with my Case 830. Both have cherished memories for so many members of my family and both are due for complete restoration so the next generation can make some memories with them!

And yes, I'm aware she has the wrong box on. Last time she was restored (early 1990s), that was as close of a match as they could find.
IMG_20190928_183322185.jpg

I dont want to sit it in the barn and look at it either. I want it to be my farm truck/daily driver. I'm not easy on a truck. Defeat the purpose to have a nice one. What is your level of repair? How about this?

I've looked at that one a couple times. If it were a 4wd I'd be interested in it.

I do! But aside from going in for a restoration, this lovely lady is not leaving the family! My grandpa bought her brand new in '66, along with my Case 830. Both have cherished memories for so many members of my family and both are due for complete restoration so the next generation can make some memories with them!

And yes, I'm aware she has the wrong box on. Last time she was restored (early 1990s), that was as close of a match as they could find.
View attachment 3194
Beautiful truck!

That's exactly what I'm looking for, just nowhere near that nice.

Neat looking truck. We had a '63? F600 like that, 16' stake body.

Supposed to go pick one up on Friday if nothing happens, 1964 F100 4wd. Will post a picture when I get it home.

Latest posts