Anyone ever seen this???

Help Support CattleToday:

cbattaglia38":300r4kx7 said:
My experience from ringworm on cattle is that it has always been on the neck and up. Is that fact or fiction?

I would say fiction, as ringworm is a fungus and can occur anywhere.

Is it possible that hair would grow back on the brand to where I couldn't see the brand? If in fact she was branded before I got her???

Absolutely. It is sometimes very difficult to read a healed brand that the hair has grown back on and a lot of people people brand at about a month old.

auctionboy":exd3fjni said:
If you want to see repeating circles in nature take a look at the cows eyes! :D

OK, you got me. I knew somebody would come up with something. Actually I was waiting for raindrops. :lol:

Playing the devils advocate though, eyeballs arent completely round or the same on a microscopic level, they have flat spots. Can I be right again? :lol: :lol:

3MR":2buawzke said:
auctionboy":2buawzke said:

OK, you got me. I knew somebody would come up with something. Actually I was waiting for raindrops. :lol:

Playing the devils advocate though, eyeballs arent completely round or the same on a microscopic level, they have flat spots. Can I be right again? :lol: :lol:

I would say, yes. Auctionboy, I didn't reply to your post - I hope you noticed that! :D

3MR":34d8thl5 said:
auctionboy":34d8thl5 said:

Actualy raindrops are probably like snowflakes with no to being the same. I bet those burns are not perfectly round either. Yes MSS I did relize you didn't respond.

auctionboy":2r7pev7x said:
3MR":2r7pev7x said:
auctionboy":2r7pev7x said:

Actualy raindrops are probably like snowflakes with no to being the same. I bet those burns are not perfectly round either. Yes MSS I did relize you didn't respond.

I thought that would be the case. :)

yeah, they arent perfectly round, but they arre not perfectly round in all the same places, which is just as odd as if they were perfectly round to me. :D

PS: (1/2 Dollar) I thought the soars looked larger than that. IF it is ringworm just spray it with some athlets foot spray. It will go away.

Did you ever find out what was wrong with your cow we have one now experiencing the same thing and the vet has no idea

I vote for ringworm. Had it myself in high school. Got it on the football practice field. It is a fungus that starts as a pimple and grows outward. As it grows outward it dies in the center leaving a perfect circle of dead skin. I don't remember mine itching so much though. I got some sort of salve from my doctor and it cleared up just fine. I could be completely wrong.

Latest posts