Anybody vacationing?

Help Support CattleToday:

Rafter S said:
Brute 23 said:
:lol: I haven't been wearing a mask and we partied on the lake July 4th like we were 18 again.

Give me liberty or give me death! I would rather cut off my right arm, than live under a tyranny!

I've been reluctant to get into this, but I disagree with you in this case. The purpose of wearing a mask isn't to protect you, it's to protect the people you breath on in case you have it.

I'm pretty conservative, and don't think the government has any business trying to protect adults from the consequences of their own actions (I'm still torqued about the seat belt law, and that was over 30 years ago). The mask thing is to protect us from others, not ourselves. I see a distinct difference. You may disagree, and that's okay. I'm not going to get into an argument or pizzing contest over it. I just wanted to give you something to think about.

It's a joke when a Kleenex and rubber bands constitute a mask.
Unless you are wearing a fitted respirator your kidding yourself.
A fitted respirator still has leakage and has to be tested to be within the acceptable range for the environment it's to be used in. Unless you're wearing self contained breathing apparatus under positive pressure you have leakage.
When you require a seal where one breath will kill you then you have one.

kenny thomas said:
76 Bar said:
Vacation? Can't even remember the last time I took one.
Same here. More proof we're long lost twins. :wave: :lol:

A passport lasts for 10 years. Mine just expired in June from my last vacation.

Mine expired in 2015. At least my drivers license and concealed carry are current.

We did fly to Cleveland last year but it was definitely not a vacation.

Caustic Burno said:
Rafter S said:
Brute 23 said:
:lol: I haven't been wearing a mask and we partied on the lake July 4th like we were 18 again.

Give me liberty or give me death! I would rather cut off my right arm, than live under a tyranny!

I've been reluctant to get into this, but I disagree with you in this case. The purpose of wearing a mask isn't to protect you, it's to protect the people you breath on in case you have it.

I'm pretty conservative, and don't think the government has any business trying to protect adults from the consequences of their own actions (I'm still torqued about the seat belt law, and that was over 30 years ago). The mask thing is to protect us from others, not ourselves. I see a distinct difference. You may disagree, and that's okay. I'm not going to get into an argument or pizzing contest over it. I just wanted to give you something to think about.

A fitted respirator still has leakage and has to be tested to be within the acceptable range for the environment it's to be used in. Unless you're wearing self contained breathing apparatus under positive pressure you have leakage.

I understand all that, and don't disagree, but anything is better than nothing.

Rafter S said:
Caustic Burno said:
Rafter S said:

Not really .
I have a niece that has it.
She religiously wore mask, gloves, disinfected her mail and groceries even
went so far as to spray herself down with Lysol.
As I told her when this started you can't hide from a virus.

Even at the North Pole.
This about compliance giving you a spine tingle.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1999-11-18-9911180290-story,amp.html

I live less than a 2 hours drive from Dollywood and it has been 16 years since I have been. On my jobs and earlier years I did travel a little, but saw real quick there is as much to see around here in a 200 mile radius as anywhere I went. I have a truck that is 18 years old with 35K miles on it so I stay pretty close to home.

jltrent said:
I live less than a 2 hours drive from Dollywood and it has been 16 years since I have been. On my jobs and earlier years I did travel a little, but saw real quick there is as much to see around here in a 200 mile radius as anywhere I went. I have a truck that is 18 years old with 35K miles on it so I stay pretty close to home.

And everyone tells me my 02 is low mileage at 184k.

Caustic Burno said:
Rafter S said:
Caustic Burno said:

Not really .

Even at the North Pole.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1999-11-18-9911180290-story,amp.html

I agree that anything is better than nothing. Maybe only minutely, but better than absolutely nothing. I'm not gonna wear a mask outside. I'm not gonna wear a mask anywhere that's not mandatory. I'm gonna avoid as many of those mandatory places as possible. But I'm a contractor by trade. I need building materials. Local builders supply requires mask to enter store. They provide masks. So big deal. I put one on. I don't care if it's useless or whatever. It's his place of business. His rules. No different than me asking you to take off your boots before you walk through my house. As far as being required to have one on if I walk down the street.....I'm probably not gonna be walking down the street. I don't think that the rules don't apply to me. I just will choose to not patronize as many places with rules that I don't like as I can. But if I have to go to those places, I will follow their rules. No different than I expect things to work at my house.

JMJ Farms said:
Caustic Burno said:
Rafter S said:

Not really .

Even at the North Pole.

I agree that anything is better than nothing. Maybe only minutely, but better than absolutely nothing. I'm not gonna wear a mask outside. I'm not gonna wear a mask anywhere that's not mandatory. I'm gonna avoid as many of those mandatory places as possible. But I'm a contractor by trade. I need building materials. Local builders supply requires mask to enter store. They provide masks. So big deal. I put one on. I don't care if it's useless or whatever. It's his place of business. His rules. No different than me asking you to take off your boots before you walk through my house. As far as being required to have one on if I walk down the street.....I'm probably not gonna be walking down the street. I don't think that the rules don't apply to me. I just will choose to not patronize as many places with rules that I don't like as I can. But if I have to go to those places, I will follow their rules. No different than I expect things to work at my house.

It is a big deal! It is about compliance of mandates of tyrants. They are trying to force store owners to be the mask police.
I really didn't understand when Reagan said we are one generation away from losing our freedom.
He was clairvoyant as it is happening today.

Caustic Burno said:
JMJ Farms said:
Caustic Burno said:
Not really .

Even at the North Pole.

It is a big deal! It is about compliance of mandates of tyrants. They are trying to force store owners to be the mask police.
I really didn't understand when Reagan said we are one generation away from losing our freedom.
He was clairvoyant as it is happening today.

I agree with the highlighted statement. But if you get technical about it, that's no different than the govt requiring the store owners to be tax collectors every time you make a purchase. The mask is really no different, just the newest thing. And FWIW, this particular store is under no govt mandates. It's just his personal choice. As of now, you and I still have the freedom to decide whether or whether not we want to comply. I comply with him out of respect. My compliance has nothing to do with a govt mandate or a loss of freedom.

jltrent said:
Yes, but it's a Ford. Who would want to spend time in one. Lol

kenny thomas said:
jltrent said:
Yes, but it's a Ford. Who would want to spend time in one. Lol

I'd be proud to own it.

Rafter S said:
Brute 23 said:

There are people walking around with blood born pathogens and all kinds of other illnesses that are far worse than covid and can give it to you at any time. It is not regulated in any way shape or form. If I have HIV I can go sleep with, and transmit it to as many people as I want and the govt does nothing. In fact, they protect my right to not tell people.

When I was in high school I wrote a paper saying if your have some thing like HIV or any other disease that could be transmitted you should have to get a tattoo in a private area warning others and people thru a fit. They even tried to have it thrown out and get me in trouble for it. There is no difference between wearing a mask and requiring a tattoo.

When they start stamping people with medical conditions to protect me from what they have I'll start wearing my mast.

Plus, my son is an at risk kid. I was discussing this with another parent who has kids that are severely at risk. They actually have whole sets of fitted medical grade masks for flu season. They have the same mentality I do. Like his wife said, no one shut the country down for my kid when they were diagnosed but now they find out it could effect them or their family and they want to shut the country down... not for our kids who have been living with it though.

The hypocrisy around the covid stuff is overwhelming.

What pisses me off the most is I have a bunch of people who have running all over the place, remodeling their houses, taking selfies of them every where with their masks, lecturing me about wearing a mask. I stayed at home, shopped literally only twice in one month for groceries during off hours, ordered every thing else online, had zero contact except for 5 family members..... but I'm the bad person for not wearing a mask. I'm not being the sucker this time.

Plus, it's a fact these home made masks do nothing. The real doctors dealing with these seriously at risk people will tell you flat out those masks do nothing. Dont trust it to keep your kids safe.

My aunt past away last year. She had liver trouble and some thing else that effected her immune system. The doctor basically told her to enjoy life because if she got sick there was a good chance she would not be able to fight it off. We didnt try to guilt trip the world in to shutting down to save her. She got the flu 4 months later and passed.

Every one is trying to sound so philanthropic by saying... it's about saving others... but those people are being totally ignorant to all the underlying issues like suicide, drug abuse, divorce, depression, domestic violence, and who knows what else that stems from the 40% unemployment, lack of socialization, etc. Every one always want to remind you of the cancer patient or the elderly person that may get covid but what about the special needs kid or the kid who's main course of food comes from the school they haven't been attending.

Every ones knee jerk reaction to any crisis is doe the govt to step in and act and so something, even if it's wrong and we dont know the long term consequences, do something. Any one who has actually had to trouble shoot problems in the real world knows that is the last thing you do.

Brute 23 said:
What be nice me off the most is I have a bunch of people who have running all over the place, remodeling their houses, taking selfies of them every where with their masks, lecturing me about wearing a mask. I stayed at home, shopped literally only twice in one month for groceries during off hours, ordered every thing else online, had zero contact except for 5 family members..... but I'm the bad person for not wearing a mask. I'm not being the sucker this time.

I'm with you there. I don't think it all begins and ends with a mask, although I will wear one where it's the norm. I think some people believe if they have on a mask, they are invincible; they can do whatever they want, and they will be safe because they have on a mask. I heard people were in Lowe's like bees in a hive.

I do, however, think it's a time to use some precaution. I social distance when possible, and wash my hands regularly. I think we should have the economy open as much as possible, but I have no desire to jump in the middle of a large crowd right now just for fun, and I am staying home more, which doesn't bother me at all. I just don't understand people with their nose in the air acting like people who are being more cautious than usual have lost their minds.

As for mental issues from isolation, I can't speak to that because it doesn't affect me or anyone I know. Farmers around here tend to be home more anyway, so that doesn't bother me, and my kids were happy to be home from school. My son did his NTI on computer. He wasn't stressed, nor was I. Maybe being in a rural area makes the difference, but I don't know anyone who was particularly sad about getting out of school early. Our superintendent told me personally that he hadn't received one complaint from any parent during the entire NTI, which is highly unusual. He said he had received countless calls praising the school system for how they had handled the situation.

I'm not looking for a party either but if I get invited I'm going. There weren't 1/10 of us together on the lake as home depot and we weren't even a decimal point of the people at a riot. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

We carry hand sanitizer, keep our distance, etc. I'm just not for the mandatory masks.

Brute 23 said:
We carry hand sanitizer, keep our distance, etc. I'm just not for the mandatory masks.

A lot of us are probably closer in agreement on this than it appears, but it's just hard to communicate it through typed word because we focus on certain aspects of it. I may sound like someone who thinks he should be in a cave 100 miles from civilization, but that's not true. Other people sound like they would love to go swimming in a pool of Corona-virus and not care if they get it and spread it to their entire family. That's probably not true either.

Brute 23 said:
Rafter S said:
Brute 23 said:

There are people walking around with blood born pathogens and all kinds of other illnesses that are far worse than covid and can give it to you at any time. It is not regulated in any way shape or form. If I have HIV I can go sleep with, and transmit it to as many people as I want and the govt does nothing. In fact, they protect my right to not tell people.

When I was in high school I wrote a paper saying if your have some thing like HIV or any other disease that could be transmitted you should have to get a tattoo in a private area warning others and people thru a fit. They even tried to have it thrown out and get me in trouble for it. There is no difference between wearing a mask and requiring a tattoo.

When they start stamping people with medical conditions to protect me from what they have I'll start wearing my mast.

Plus, my son is an at risk kid. I was discussing this with another parent who has kids that are severely at risk. They actually have whole sets of fitted medical grade masks for flu season. They have the same mentality I do. Like his wife said, no one shut the country down for my kid when they were diagnosed but now they find out it could effect them or their family and they want to shut the country down... not for our kids who have been living with it though.

The hypocrisy around the covid stuff is overwhelming.

What be nice me off the most is I have a bunch of people who have running all over the place, remodeling their houses, taking selfies of them every where with their masks, lecturing me about wearing a mask. I stayed at home, shopped literally only twice in one month for groceries during off hours, ordered every thing else online, had zero contact except for 5 family members..... but I'm the bad person for not wearing a mask. I'm not being the sucker this time.

Plus, it's a fact these home made masks do nothing. The real doctors dealing with these seriously at risk people will tell you flat out those masks do nothing. Dont trust it to keep your kids safe.

Good post brute.
I was at the doctor's office for routine physical a couple weeks ago. Receptionist points at the box of mask on the counter and says get you a mask, me .no thanks ma'am.
Sir you have to.
No...I don't
Why it's for your safety.
Ma'am there was four people in line in front of me. Every one stuck their hands in that box of mask. Now their all sitting over there rubbing their face fiddling with their mask....no thanks.
(You can't fix stupid)

We'll you gotta take one to ...
Bye

callmefence said:
Good post brute.
I was at the doctor's office for routine physical a couple weeks ago. Receptionist points at the box of mask on the counter and says get you a mask, me .no thanks ma'am.
Sir you have to.
No...I don't
Ma'am there was four people in line in front of me. Every one stuck their hands in that box of mask. Now their all sitting over there rubbing their face fiddling with their mask....no thanks.
(You can't fix stupid)

Bye

That's a good point. Even if a person is pro-mask, some go about it in a ridiculous manner. All the strangers dipping their hand in the same box didn't make sense. I also see people with one pulled below their nose. Why even have it on?

herofan said:
callmefence said:
Good post brute.
Sir you have to.
No...I don't
(You can't fix stupid)

Bye

That's a good point. Even if a person is pro-mask, some go about it in a ridiculous manner. All the strangers dipping their hand in the same box didn't make sense. I also see people with one pulled below their nose. Why even have it on?

Wife and I were talking the other day after she had been to town, that even if the masks helps they can't do anything just being around their necks like a lot of folks wear them. Going to be interesting in the coming weeks as the governor has mandated masks. So far it seems like maybe half wear them and half don't and a high percentage of the ones that do have a mask don't have them on correctly. I wonder if or how they are going to enforce it. Another thing that confuses me is they are going to continue with opening restaurants to 50% dining capacity, how in the heck can anybody eat with a face covering on.