Anybody vacationing?

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Around here, especially the young folks, as they have been penned up for a while are out and about Florida, SC, Dollywood, Pigeon Forge, beach, you name it, just like old times. Local reported cases are going up as before we did not have many. I had very little concerns before, but now with these people who can't seem to stay close to home I am being more careful. I talked with a couple folks recently who have already had the virus, and the one lady said it took her 23 days to recover and twice as bad as any flu.

No vacations. I don't know why in the world someone would vacation now. I usually go to the Ky State Fair; I'll pass on that this year.

Staycation for me. I wouldn't get on a plane right now if you gave me the ticket.

I see quite a few out of state plates at the camp sites on Rayburn.
Saw a couple Arkansas and a Missouri yesterday both had really nice bass rigs.
The best one I saw had to be a custom made trailer.
The trailer was a double decker with hydraulics, the boat trailer was on top and the Jeep underneath.
Guy was pulling it with a big diesel pusher rig. It was really neat when he got to his camp he could back the Jeep off and lower the boat and could to any ramp he wanted.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Buck Randall said:
Staycation for me. I wouldn't get on a plane right now if you gave me the ticket.

Seriously? I've flown twice since May and would again.

Like TC, I've never really enjoyed flying anyway, so it's not something I'll miss. Too crowded, too much sitting around waiting prior to the flight, seats are too small. Add in the possibility that I could catch Covid and lose my sense of taste and smell for a month, no thanks.

I don't have any cute grandkids, either, so I lack motivation. I'll stay off the planes to make it safer for you. :D

The planes I've been on were at 30% capacity and were absolutely spotless. Everyone except me had a mask on and some nitwits even wore gloves. There was zero waiting to get through security as traffic in the terminals was non existent. I never felt safer.

We did our usual summer trip as my wife needs the break. Did it a little different, we drove straight thru with only fuel stops, pee while your there and get drive thru fast food so contact was at a very minimum. We stop at out of the way places not big hubs. Family owns the house we go to and doing none of our usual side trips. I think this is really how people need to approach this. Don't let it stop you but use some common sense, oh there's the problem.

I am not flying anywhere there is a road to virus or not. It's out there and will be for the rest of our days so better learn to live with it.

Going to Guntersville AL the weekend of Halloween. We only take an actual vacation every other year and this is not the year.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
The planes I've been on were at 30% capacity and were absolutely spotless. Everyone except me had a mask on and some nitwits even wore gloves. There was zero waiting to get through security as traffic in the terminals was non existent. I never felt safer.

You should publish some in-depth brochures on how to handle Corona. You seem to have it all figured out. Be sure to include that people who wear masks and gloves are nitwits. I guess with you being the only one without a mask on the plane, it was easy to locate the expert of the bunch. I guess they figured wearing masks and gloves was more comfortable than wearing a ventilator, but what nitwits. :lol2:

herofan said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

You should publish some in-depth brochures on how to handle Corona. You seem to have it all figured out. Be sure to include that people who wear masks and gloves are nitwits. I guess with you being the only one without a mask on the plane, it was easy to locate the expert of the bunch. I guess they figured wearing masks and gloves was more comfortable than wearing a ventilator, but what nitwits. :lol2:

There he is, the laziest fellow in North America.

You continue to cower in fear while the rest of us forge ahead with our work.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
herofan said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

There he is, the laziest fellow in North America.

You continue to cower in fear while the rest of us forge ahead with our work.

It has nothing to do with cowering in fear, it just has to do with common sense. I get that there are differences of opinions, and it is being used as a political tool. I just get a kick out of the delivery of comments of some who lean more toward business as usual. Their statements reminds me of being in middle school when the boys would get on a tirade telling their buddies that they weren't leaving their dip at home no matter what the principal said, and all the other ways middle school boys tried to show they were tough.

I may not respond again for a while; I've been up a couple of hours, and I need my morning nap. I don't know whether to take it in my chair or walk to the sofa.

Brute 23 said:
:lol: I haven't been wearing a mask and we partied on the lake July 4th like we were 18 again.

Give me liberty or give me death! I would rather cut off my right arm, than live under a tyranny!

I've been reluctant to get into this, but I disagree with you in this case. The purpose of wearing a mask isn't to protect you, it's to protect the people you breath on in case you have it.

I'm pretty conservative, and don't think the government has any business trying to protect adults from the consequences of their own actions (I'm still torqued about the seat belt law, and that was over 30 years ago). The mask thing is to protect us from others, not ourselves. I see a distinct difference. You may disagree, and that's okay. I'm not going to get into an argument or pizzing contest over it. I just wanted to give you something to think about.

Based on the number of camp trailers and pickups with campers on the freeway here, lots of people are going on vacation. On the 4th the wife and I took a long trip on back roads through the Blue Mountains. We didn't go past a single official camp ground. But we past hundreds of camp sites. Little single lane gravel roads in the middle of no where. Every little spot where you could get off the road there would be a camp set up. Some were a single camp, others that were a little bigger might have half a dozen camp trailers.
We went to Yellowstone last September. A whole lot less people, just as good of views, and more wildlife right here at home. Neither one of us has any desire to go the crowded tourist traps or any city. I flew a lot in the 70's and early 80's. The last time I was in a plane was '03. I have no desire to fly anywhere. I would just as soon drive. We have talked about Vegas for the NFR in December..... we will see.