Anybody else dealing with mud??

Help Support CattleToday:

Herefordcross

Reaction score
This dag on mud has me depressed, can't do anything with all the mud around. We were going to put in a few more automatic waterers this week, so much for that now that 7" of snow has melted overnight. I know there are some who would love to see some mud but, I give up!!

I can only wish for mud. :lol: But they are promising rain later in the week. I hope they're right.

I feel for ya, we didn't have any rain all last summer, cows were eating leaves from sawn down trees and hay most of the summer. It seems as though it goes from one extreme to the other.

I don't believe you folks know what mud is :shock: :shock:

We had 3 feet of snow in one week steady 50 degree temps for 4 days :help: :help: talk about mud :roll: :roll:

oo i hate mud jeeze getting stuck everywhere but we where able to clean the bunk and polebarn out this week snow ice and all so that helps

about a 1/4 mile from my house there is a "mud spot" on the gravel road.( a spot where there is about 1 foot deep mud in the middle of the road) this week 5 cars, 3 trucks, in the ditch. Other wise we havent had too terribly much yet. But, its coming, it always does.

We aren't dealing with it yet but if the weather liars are right we will be before long. They're calling for upto 4 inches this week.

dun

GRR..i can deal with snow, rain, hail, 30 below zero, 90 degrees lol, but i HATE mud. We have a pritty "bad" mud season here in vermont, as we have a good amount of snow, and a rainy spring. My pasture turns into a mud pit. It drives me insane. Of course the worst part is where i have to walk to get to the barn. We had mud last week, but then we got 18" of snow, so now its frozen again, but the end of the week they are saying 40's and rain for 4 days straight....

Mud? We set a new record for rainfall during Nov-Dec. That got the winter field good and sloopy and there hasn't been a dry spell since. Almost 5 months of mud this winter. I am really ready for spring this year.

Dave":3p4oz8uv said:
Mud? We set a new record for rainfall during Nov-Dec. That got the winter field good and sloopy and there hasn't been a dry spell since. Almost 5 months of mud this winter. I am really ready for spring this year.

This winter has really seemed long to me, lots of mud, but we get that every year. But this winter has seemed to drag on, maybe it's the hay prices and shortages. My wife is starting to get mad at me cause I'm always saying I'm ready for spring.... it's close.

Alan

mnmtranching":gw0gurv6 said:
I don't believe you folks know what mud is :shock: :shock:

We had 3 feet of snow in one week steady 50 degree temps for 4 days :help: :help: talk about mud :roll: :roll:

oh yeah beat this...we had 3 feet of snow one week and 80 degree temps the next. stupid nebraska... :x tractor was making 2 feet ruts. so glad we have front wheel assist. but even that couldnt get through the cattle lots. had to feed square bales for like a month. it has finally gotten dry after like 3 months and there talkin 3 inches of rain this weekend. i dont think ill ever be so happy to see a 100 degree day in my life.

:shock: We had 5 inches of rain in january-- it all froze---
then dump 16 inches of snow on top of that--- it all melted in
3 days-- then it rained another 2 inches----- and NOW----
more rain wed and thurs!!!! I have MUD that is dang near up
to the cows knees----- horses shoes are being sucked off---
I have muddy crappy ick INSIDE my boots and I have ruined
countless pairs of socks due to "losing" my boots in the mud!
:oops: I am sick of it!!!!!! :roll:

holly heifer":1y9bls9j said:
:shock: We had 5 inches of rain in january then it rained another 2 inches----- and NOW----
more rain wed and thurs!!!! I have MUD that is dang near up
to the cows knees----- horses shoes are being sucked off---
I have muddy crappy ick INSIDE my boots and I have ruined
countless pairs of socks due to "losing" my boots in the mud!
:oops: I am sick of it!!!!!! :roll:

Welcome to Western Oregon and Washington, sound like our weather for the most part, lots of rain, mud and gravel. Although a lot of people take the shoes off their horses for the winter months. Sucking off a shoe really tears up the hoof for a few months, as you probably know.

Alan

Alan,

She said she had 5 inches of rain in January. That is not like the Pacific Northwest. We had ........ 18 inches in November, 12 inches in December that set a new record for two months in a row. Since then it has been dryer than normal. It has only rained 14.5 since the first of the year.
If you decide to drive a tractor into a field here plan on leaving it there until summer.

Dave

Dave":3iqwt2zx said:
Alan,

She said she had 5 inches of rain in January. That is not like the Pacific Northwest. We had ........ 18 inches in November, 12 inches in December that set a new record for two months in a row. Since then it has been dryer than normal. It has only rained 14.5 since the first of the year.
If you decide to drive a tractor into a field here plan on leaving it there until summer.

Dave

Dave, You are 100% correct, and I know you got my point, mud is the way winter is here. Don't drive your tractor off the gravel road or it will be there until spring. Cows better know how to walk to feed up to their belly in mud or they will be there until spring. You better have knee high boots on and know where you are walking or you'll be there until spring. :D

Alan

Latest posts