Any Ideas?

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
We put in about 7-10 nose rings a year in our show bulls and steers. We end up with a whole pile of those little wrenches they use and the two extra screws they give you.

Any ideas of what to do with all that extra stuff besides trash?

Ryan":2r5yvhhx said:
We put in about 7-10 nose rings a year in our show bulls and steers. We end up with a whole pile of those little wrenches they use and the two extra screws they give you.

I guess - yet again - I'm missing something because, for the life of me, I do not understand why anyone would put out the money for the nose ring thingys - not to mention the extra time and trouble to run them through the chute to put them in - when fence line weaning will do pretty much the same thing. Help?

msscamp":2cuelwv4 said:
Ryan":2cuelwv4 said:

I guess - yet again - I'm missing something because, for the life of me, I do not understand why anyone would put out the money for the nose ring thingys - not to mention the extra time and trouble to run them through the chute to put them in - when fence line weaning will do pretty much the same thing. Help?

He's not referring to the weaning things. Bull nose rings are what he's talking about.

dun":3ivvkftv said:
msscamp":3ivvkftv said:
Ryan":3ivvkftv said:

He's not referring to the weaning things. Bull nose rings are what he's talking about.

Yup... its for show bulls. They are required to have them. Any steers we decide to keep around and show gets one too. I've got probably 10 or so bulls to put them in from this year's calf crop

msscamp":o8ibyplo said:
Ryan":o8ibyplo said:

Are you talking about "blabs"? Weaning devices that you put in the nose of a calf you're trying to wean? If that's what you're talking about then you have way to much land. Folks use them because they don't have an extra couple hundered acres to run the weanies on. They are effective and don't take more than a couple of minutes to put on.

What this person is talking about are bull nose rings, not blabs.

dun":zap5bhoa said:
msscamp":zap5bhoa said:
Ryan":zap5bhoa said:

:oops: :oops:

Put them in a box because you know you just might need them in the next ten years. After about 3 years you find the box again and ask yourself why I kept this junk and then throw it all away. That's what I do with most things.

I use coffee cans.

I throw all manner of unused fasteners in them .

Can not tell you how many times I have dumped a coffeee can to find a nut screw or bolt to get something fixed. Saved more than one trip to the hardware store.

Ryan":1fgyrvry said:

Send em to Australia! :lol:

Our bull rings dont come with anything, except the ring and the screw. I might be missing out on something here . . . :lol:

Keren":3hewip72 said:
Ryan":3hewip72 said:

Send em to Australia! :lol:

Our bull rings dont come with anything, except the ring and the screw. I might be missing out on something here . . . :lol:

I know!! We seem to be getting the rough end of the bargain.

Latest posts