Any guesses on hanging wieght

Help Support CattleToday:

If I was Fence I'd have that whole hog cut up in Pork Chops 🤣🤣 seriously though does the meat get tougher or anything when they are that big? The one I bought was right at 200# packaged weight. I didn't ask what live or hanging weight was.

Is that a 6' wide trailer? Six feet of piggy thinking 600 lbs. and 70% for a rough guess of 420# on the rail. Actually I have no idea, but lots of respect for rassling that pig into the trailer. Did you have a ramp and jelly beans for bait or just brute force?

If I was Fence I'd have that whole hog cut up in Pork Chops 🤣🤣 seriously though does the meat get tougher or anything when they are that big? The one I bought was right at 200# packaged weight. I didn't ask what live or hanging weight was.
Depends. This one should be good. She got a few pardons by my Dil. But she's been eating corn her whole life. Best thing about letting them get big is lots of bacon.

Is that a 6' wide trailer? Six feet of piggy thinking 600 lbs. and 70% for a rough guess of 420# on the rail. Actually I have no idea, but lots of respect for rassling that pig into the trailer. Did you have a ramp and jelly beans for bait or just brute force?
Come a long and rope came into play.
Pigs can be a real bitccch to load. Freakishly smart and strong.

Marshmallows! The show pig kids use marshmallows on a stick to train their pigs to walk.

10 years ago I had a pond built that wouldn't hold water. Had heard if you fenced hogs in it they would seal it and stop it from leaking. So I built a fence around it (1/4 acres) bought six 50 lb gilts and put in it. Never rained most of the summer. Gilt's we're about 250 lbs by then. About the right size to butcher and it was just starting to rain a little every now and then to where they could wallow in the mud to seal it off. Didn't want to get rid of them since it had finally started raining making the dirt muddy.

So my daughter was getting old enough to drive wanting to buy her a car. Told here that I would buy the feed to feed the gilts and a bore . Told her if she would feed them until they all had their litter's she could sell the pigs, sows and bore to make money toward buying her car.

In the end the sows had 82 pigs that she sold for 50 $ a peace and seems like she got $400 a peace for the bore and sows. The pond has never went completely dry since but it has gotten pretty low. Not real sure the hogs helped seal the pond off all that much.

But those sows averaged around 480 lbs. we had one butchered our self. It wasn't very good eating because it was way to big for butchering. Might have been better off having it all made into sauce ages. The pork chops and steaks were tuff, full of gristle and lots of fat.

Latest posts