Any good looking calves?

Help Support CattleToday:

Air gator

Reaction score
Has anyone seen any good looking Angus calves lately? In a catalog, online or in person?
I saw a pair of nice Justified calves on Genex Facebook page. I saw a nice photo of a Torque heifer on Facebook.
There are the really nice photos of Raindance calves on this site.

I looked in catalogs and wasn't sure that Colonel was consistent in his quality....but the calves are so young I can't be sure.

I'll have to get busy on the camera, my calves are around 3mths, just the age when you start to get a few shining out. A couple that have caught my eye have been by Bruns Blaster and a couple of EF Commando are looking OK.

Ken

I have some comrades that are looking good.
My sav renown's are looking absolutly great for their age. I will be weaning within a month.
I am a horrible picture taker. I can make a perfect bull calf look the worst craigslist calf you have ever saw.

I am heading home and tomorrow will be looking at the calves we have on the ground. Jacob tagged #F24 and F25 this morning. We had our first SAV Abundance yesterday and Jacob said he is a stud, I can't wait to see him. Since this morning he has four more to tag, they are keeping him busy.

Gizmom

I have a few compass calves on the ground about 45 days old that look really nice. And a few cutting edge calves that are impressive at 2 weeks old. The rest are not stand outish yet

Can't get pictures to post, so this will have to work. This is a renown bull, 7 months old. Stand out of the group, out of one of my best cows. Thinking about keeping him for personal use. Pick him apart, hold nothing back. You can't hurt my feelings.
https://postimg.cc/jwnh2DVj
This is a bred heifer out of a chisum 6175. Very lacking in the butt department, but long as a train. Need to breed here to something that will add some rear this spring.
https://postimg.cc/ykyyDqG0
Renown heifer out of a very good cow. I sure like her a lot.
https://postimg.cc/kRrvb79v
That's all I could get to cooperate

He looks really nice. It's hard to tell the scale on pictures, but to me he looks great. We only have experience with Resource progeny, and we love them. It looks like The Renown's are a little longer and cleaner fronted than his Brother but not quite as much muscle expression.
We are anxiously awaiting our first Renown calves from a really good Donor cow from Coleman angus.

As to good looking calves;
Tex Playbooks are great, and
HA Cowboy Up calves are stylish and pack on the pounds with the best of them.

LCBulls":2lgk8s8o said:
He looks really nice. It's hard to tell the scale on pictures, but to me he looks great. We only have experience with Resource progeny, and we love them. It looks like The Renown's are a little longer and cleaner fronted than his Brother but not quite as much muscle expression.
We are anxiously awaiting our first Renown calves from a really good Donor cow from Coleman angus.

He looks even better in person. That mating must have really clicked. He puts the rest of the calves to shame.
I will be trying playbook this spring to see what he is all about

Here are some calves by Bruns Blaster. Growth wise they seem to be emerging from the pack and phenotype wise I think they are looking OK also.

This is my youngest Bruns Blaster born 1st August bw 34kg (75lb) P19, she is a bit younger than the rest of them but just starting to hit her straps a catching my eye.

P4 born 21st June 41kg (90lb)

P7 a bull calf born 28th June, he broke the scales 52kg (114.5lb)

Another heifer P10 born 3rd July 31.5kg (69.5lb)

And now an EF Commando bull calf P11 born 6th July 36.5kg (80lb)

And a renown heifer P8 30th June 37.5kg (82.5lb)

Ken

Good looking calves, I like them.
I have been thinking about using some Charlo on a certain few large gram cows, but after finding this video I'm probably going to keep looking. I sure don't like the way he walks on his back legs. Maybe I'm just seeing things, but sure doesn't look right to me.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_xLfaWmYP8g

Bovine,
That is a beast. I'm assuming Momma isn't a run of the mill cow.
She must have quite a hip on her...Mohnen Success looks like he is pretty nice, too.

Air gator":7wsb0tmi said:
Bovine,
That is a beast. I'm assuming Momma isn't a run of the mill cow.
She must have quite a hip on her...Mohnen Success looks like he is pretty nice, too.

Thanks :) she is a great cow. Her calves have always been above average but she's a little long and rangey. My goal with Substantial was to knock off some frame and add even more shape and power. It looks like it worked

We went to the Upchurch Angus sale on Saturday. The calves that popped for me were the Resource, Reign and Torque calves. I have to say I was a bit disappointed with the Sensation calves.

Edited to add Bovine that is a very nice calf, I sure like the hip in him.

Gizmom

LCBulls":2qochxuu said:

We like Resource over Renown, for that reason. You can tell a resource in a herd. You get what you expect with him.

We have a Cowboy Up daughter that looks exceptional. I tried getting a pic of her the other day but she's a bit shy.

We have a bull calf grandsired by Sydgen Fate that'll give any calves we have, a run for their money. I really wouldn't mind having a whole herd just like him.

Latest posts