Another TV Commercial

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Have you seen the new Dodge commercial where they offer you a truck to drive for a few days and "if it doesn't do what you ask of it you can bring it back with no questions asked"? This should be a big hit down my way if they truly mean what they say. However, I doubt this will sell many trucks for them but it should keep the shop busy.

Jogeephus":1sgibc3c said:
Have you seen the new Dodge commercial where they offer you a truck to drive for a few days and "if it doesn't do what you ask of it you can bring it back with no questions asked"? This should be a big hit down my way if they truly mean what they say. However, I doubt this will sell many trucks for them but it should keep the shop busy.
well being in the automobile business we take all the work we can get :cowboy: but same goes for here where the good ol boys live for opportunity like this...

Hey Jogee, did you check out the "fine" print? I couldn't stand not knowing how stupid it would be to take the hook, line and sinker so I went to the Dodge website to find out.

From the Dodge Website:

60 Day Pledge Plus option in lieu of all consumer incentives, including, by way of example, but not limitation, consumer cash, incentivize APR, Ally bonus cash, lease cash, bonus cash, select returning lessee, for the retail purchase (Type 1 sales only) of any eligible 2010 Chrysler Group vehicles and financed through Ally. 60 Day Return option offers a 60 day return guarantee and the first two payments at no charge to the consumer ($500 maximum payment per month times two months equals a maximum benefit of $1,000). Dodge Viper, Jeep Wrangler, Fleet and Commercials vehicle sales are not eligible. Eligible vehicles must be delivered during the program period. Customer will not be reimbursed for license, title, registration fees, insurance, accessories, dealer fees, extended warranties, finance charges, negative equity or any other expenses incurred at the time of delivery of the new vehicle. Vehicle must be returned to original dealer after 30 days of ownership and within 60 days of delivery date, with less than $200 damage and less than 4000 miles. The customer will be responsible for a $0.40 per mile driven (odometer reading). See your dealer for complete details. Must take retail delivery by 11/01/10.

The Ram 60-Day Handshake

OFFICIAL PROGRAM RULES

PROGRAM PERIOD:

September 8, 2010 through November 1, 2010

PROGRAM TYPE:

Refer to Incentive Program Rules (previously referred to as the Gold Book and revised on July 3, 2007) and Incentive Summary Communications.

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION:

The 60 Day Pledge Plus is available on all 2010 and 2011 Model Year Ram Brand Trucks financed through Ally Financial.

The Pledge Plus consists of two separate and incompatible programs. The customer must choose one of the following options at the time of sale.

60 Day Handshake
This program offers customers a 60 Day Hassle Free Return Guarantee and waives the first two (2) monthly payments up to a maximum of $1,000. (Retail sales only)
or

All consumer incentives including the following but not limited to Consumer Cash / Incentivized APR / Ally Bonus Cash / Lease Cash / Bonus Cash / Select Returning Lessee

Customer must sign the 60 Day Handshake Acknowledgement form if they select the 60 Day Pledge Plus. If the 60 Day Handshake is NOT selected the Acknowledgement form is not required.

Fleet / Commercial vehicle sales are not eligible for C07B

Eligible vehicles must be delivered during the program period.

Consumers electing the 60 Day Pledge Plus (C07B) must finance thru Ally in order to qualify

MODEL ELIGIBILITY:

Eligible Models:
All 2010 MY Ram Trucks

CUSTOMER RESPONSIBILITY:

If the customer chooses the 60 Day Pledge Plus Return Option, the following requirements are in effect.

A copy of the acknowledgment form must be included in the Ally Contract Discounting Package. Failure to include this form will result in the customer being billed for the first / second payment. Specific retail contract disclosures regarding the customer payment waiver are required. Disclosure instructions will be provided by Ally.
At the time of delivery of an eligible vehicle (only customers who accept the 60 Day Handshake C07B),the customer must sign the 60 Day Pledge Plus Customer Acknowledgment Form which explains the program parameters and eligibility for consideration of vehicle return. Dealer faxes form to cynoSure Financial Inc (CFI) at 586-771-3867.

To initiate a vehicle return, the customers must contact cynoSure Financial Inc (CFI) at Toll-free number 877-354-3871 to obtain the Request for Benefit form. CFI call center hours are: Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 9:00 EST.

CFI will require the following documentation from the customer:* Signed and completed Request for Benefit form* Copy of Retail Sales Contract* Copy of Driver's License* Copy of Registration showing eligible vehicle in customer's name* Copy of Proof of Insurance verifying eligible vehicle has been insured since the delivery date* Any other documentation the Administrator may request

CFI will determine vehicle eligibility and facilitate inspection of the vehicle of the selling dealership.

The customer will be reimbursed for the purchase price of the vehicle (after any rebates or discounts), and applicable sales taxes that were actually paid. In states where collecting paid taxes is allowed, dealer is responsible for collecting applicable taxes.

Customer will NOT be reimbursed for:

•License
•Title
•Registration fees
•Insurance
•Accessories
•Dealer fees
•Extended warranties
•Finance charges
Negative equity
Any other expenses incurred at the time of delivery of the new vehicle
The vehicle must be returned to the original selling dealer in good, undamaged, and like new condition after 30 days of ownership and within 60 days of the delivery date.

The customer will be responsible for a $0.40 per mile driven (odometer reading). The vehicle cannot have more than 4,000 miles on the odometer starting from the delivery date.

Normal "wear and tear" is acceptable; however the vehicle cannot have damages in excess of $200, the vehicle no longer qualifies for the program. Any vehicle involved in an accident will not qualify for the program.

The customer will NOT reacquire the original turn-in/trade-in vehicle upon return of the new vehicle.

Only one return of a vehicle is allowed per customer. Only the top line signer listed on the retail purchase contract is eligible to return the vehicle

I don't suspect their will be many that "buyers" that will quilify to return or many that can that will be able to afford to return. Remember you are driving a new truck off the lot and returning a used truck. You still haver to make up the 25% drop in value of the truck when you sign on the dotted line. But they say a sucker is born every minute. :lol:

That blows my idea of hauling hay with a Viper. And at $0.40/mile they ought to be supplying you with gas. Nevetheless I bet they will get some takers.

Angus Cowman":23y6ex6m said:
Jogeephus":23y6ex6m said:
Yep. Shouldn't be that hard to mount a ball for a gooseneck onto a Viper.
I seen a guy that mounted one on a caddilac
I saw an idiot back in the 70s try to pull a 20 foot GS with a Datsun. The headlights looked like search lights when he had it on there.

dun":hm7hrv8i said:
Angus Cowman":hm7hrv8i said:
I saw an idiot back in the 70s try to pull a 20 foot GS with a Datsun. The headlights looked like search lights when he had it on there.
actually this one worked well the guy had built up a frame support and added air bags to it it was quite elaborate and he would pull a 12ft gooseneck with his roping horses in it
he did it just to get some looks had the gooseneck ball coming out the trunk lid

Angus Cowman":1p9n84vo said:
dun":1p9n84vo said:
Angus Cowman":1p9n84vo said:
actually this one worked well the guy had built up a frame support and added air bags to it it was quite elaborate and he would pull a 12ft gooseneck with his roping horses in it
he did it just to get some looks had the gooseneck ball coming out the trunk lid
Even airbags and springs wouldn;t have done much good with the tires this idiot had on the truck. I don;t think the rims were more and an inch or 2 off the pavement and he couldn;t figure out what was cutting the sidewalls.

Jogeephus":2h2kkxax said:
That blows my idea of hauling hay with a Viper. And at $0.40/mile they ought to be supplying you with gas. Nevetheless I bet they will get some takers.
You could sure haul the hay in style and pretty quickly too, with the Viper! :lol:

Latest posts