• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Another Tragedy.

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
47,334
Reaction score
1
Location
MO Ozarks
At least he saved the taxpayers money in the end
 

Jogeephus

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
24,228
Reaction score
0
Location
South Georgia
Grit, its not so much the judges as the parole boards. I have a friend who is a judge and he says it does no good to sentence someone to 20 years when the parole board lets them out in three. Parole boards need to be held civilly liable for any of this scum they let out early that does harm to others. I bet that would stop a lot of our crime real fast.
 

Caustic Burno

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Messages
26,099
Reaction score
498
Location
Big Thicket East Texas
Jogeephus":33iq0xqd said:
Grit, its not so much the judges as the parole boards. I have a friend who is a judge and he says it does no good to sentence someone to 20 years when the parole board lets them out in three. Parole boards need to be held civilly liable for any of this scum they let out early that does harm to others. I bet that would stop a lot of our crime real fast.
In Texas it was Federal Judge Justice for all the irony in his name.We had them in tents and he set standards you would need to wall off a small state and provide comfortable public housing.
 

Jogeephus

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
24,228
Reaction score
0
Location
South Georgia
Might help if the parents of these cupcakes had to pay their room and board rather than the taxpayer - or at least pay half.
 

callmefence

Post Pounder
Joined
Mar 7, 2016
Messages
7,023
Reaction score
297
Location
Fencemans place...central Texas
I agree with everything above. I believe in being hard on crime. You won't find many harder than me.
But I wanted to show a parolee. He served 2 years of a 4 year sentence. That's 1200.00 in toys that are going to the lampasas fire department for Christmas toy drive right now as part of his community service.
He built fence for the 1200.00



 

Bigfoot

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
12,883
Reaction score
85
Location
Kentucky
callmefence":xhbiabwq said:
I agree with everything above. I believe in being hard on crime. You won't find many harder than me.
But I wanted to show a parolee. He served 2 years of a 4 year sentence. That's 1200.00 in toys that are going to the lampasas fire department for Christmas toy drive right now as part of his community service.
He built fence for the 1200.00




Glad you shared that.
 

melking

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 5, 2010
Messages
2,032
Reaction score
0
Location
Muse Florida...just for ryder
Bigfoot":2jk3vphu said:
callmefence":2jk3vphu said:
I agree with everything above. I believe in being hard on crime. You won't find many harder than me.
But I wanted to show a parolee. He served 2 years of a 4 year sentence. That's 1200.00 in toys that are going to the lampasas fire department for Christmas toy drive right now as part of his community service.
He built fence for the 1200.00




Glad you shared that.

Ditto Fen. Sometimes we paint with a broad brush.
 

TexasBred

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
30,521
Reaction score
95
Location
Heart of Texas
Thanks for posting. At least one young man took the "community service" serious. Hope he gets his life straightened out makes a good citizen.
 

Jogeephus

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
24,228
Reaction score
0
Location
South Georgia
Maybe this fella is on the right track. Don't know. But based on the national average the taxpayer flipped the bill to the tune of $31,000 a year to house this cupcake which puts him owing society $62,000. Less the $1200 leaves $60,800 which could have stayed in the taxpayers' pockets so it looks to me he's still got a long row to hoe to pay society back. Maybe he will. Let's hope and pray for the best.
 

callmefence

Post Pounder
Joined
Mar 7, 2016
Messages
7,023
Reaction score
297
Location
Fencemans place...central Texas
Jogeephus":lcoxd016 said:
Maybe this fella is on the right track. Don't know. But based on the national average the taxpayer flipped the bill to the tune of $31,000 a year to house this cupcake which puts him owing society $62,000. Less the $1200 leaves $60,800 which could have stayed in the taxpayers' pockets so it looks to me he's still got a long row to hoe to pay society back. Maybe he will. Let's hope and pray for the best.

I think you hit the nail on the head there cupcake. And I agree .
What makes the man is not the mistakes he's made, but how he deals with em
 

TCRanch

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 10, 2015
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
194
Location
Winfield, KS
callmefence":3ccyokn6 said:
Jogeephus":3ccyokn6 said:
Maybe this fella is on the right track. Don't know. But based on the national average the taxpayer flipped the bill to the tune of $31,000 a year to house this cupcake which puts him owing society $62,000. Less the $1200 leaves $60,800 which could have stayed in the taxpayers' pockets so it looks to me he's still got a long row to hoe to pay society back. Maybe he will. Let's hope and pray for the best.

I think you hit the nail on the head there cupcake. And I agree .
What makes the man is not the mistakes he's made, but how he deals with em



Spot on!
 
OP
T

True Grit Farms

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 4, 2016
Messages
9,453
Reaction score
3
Location
Middle Georgia
I'm all for giving someone a chance or two to straight up and get their life in order. But a 32 page rap sheet is about thirty pages to many.
 

Jogeephus

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
24,228
Reaction score
0
Location
South Georgia
True Grit Farms":1zniyaac said:
I'm all for giving someone a chance or two to straight up and get their life in order. But a 32 page rap sheet is about thirty pages to many.

Crime stats show 80% will be back in prison within five years.
 
OP
T

True Grit Farms

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 4, 2016
Messages
9,453
Reaction score
3
Location
Middle Georgia
Hopefully he'll be one of the 20% that doesn't go back. I can't imagine giving up 2 years of my life in prison. No hunting, fishing or loving for 730 days, and some jerks want to go back?
 

Bigfoot

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
12,883
Reaction score
85
Location
Kentucky
I had a cousin that was in and out of trouble all the time. Always for peddlin dope. He'd go away for some long stretchs sometimes. He told me one time that he was much happier in jail. In jail he was somebody. People respected him. In the world he was looked down everywhere he went. Although his mind set was completely backwards, I can understand respect. I always thought it was insightful to how some of these guys think.
 

dun

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
47,334
Reaction score
1
Location
MO Ozarks
After 90 days on the Virginia prison farm I can;t imagine ever wanting to go back.
 

wacocowboy

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 9, 2013
Messages
3,201
Reaction score
0
Location
Central Texas
Caustic Burno":3994epij said:
Jogeephus":3994epij said:
Grit, its not so much the judges as the parole boards. I have a friend who is a judge and he says it does no good to sentence someone to 20 years when the parole board lets them out in three. Parole boards need to be held civilly liable for any of this scum they let out early that does harm to others. I bet that would stop a lot of our crime real fast.
In Texas it was Federal Judge Justice for all the irony in his name.We had them in tents and he set standards you would need to wall off a small state and provide comfortable public housing.


Talk about a sorry POS. I head they had to give Justice 24 hour security cause all the death threats. He sure did screw up TDCJ.
 

Latest posts

Top