Another Tragedy.

Help Support CattleToday:

Grit, its not so much the judges as the parole boards. I have a friend who is a judge and he says it does no good to sentence someone to 20 years when the parole board lets them out in three. Parole boards need to be held civilly liable for any of this scum they let out early that does harm to others. I bet that would stop a lot of our crime real fast.

Jogeephus":33iq0xqd said:
Grit, its not so much the judges as the parole boards. I have a friend who is a judge and he says it does no good to sentence someone to 20 years when the parole board lets them out in three. Parole boards need to be held civilly liable for any of this scum they let out early that does harm to others. I bet that would stop a lot of our crime real fast.
In Texas it was Federal Judge Justice for all the irony in his name.We had them in tents and he set standards you would need to wall off a small state and provide comfortable public housing.

Might help if the parents of these cupcakes had to pay their room and board rather than the taxpayer - or at least pay half.

I agree with everything above. I believe in being hard on crime. You won't find many harder than me.
But I wanted to show a parolee. He served 2 years of a 4 year sentence. That's 1200.00 in toys that are going to the lampasas fire department for Christmas toy drive right now as part of his community service.
He built fence for the 1200.00

callmefence":xhbiabwq said:
I agree with everything above. I believe in being hard on crime. You won't find many harder than me.
But I wanted to show a parolee. He served 2 years of a 4 year sentence. That's 1200.00 in toys that are going to the lampasas fire department for Christmas toy drive right now as part of his community service.

Glad you shared that.

Bigfoot":2jk3vphu said:
callmefence":2jk3vphu said:

Glad you shared that.

Ditto Fen. Sometimes we paint with a broad brush.

Thanks for posting. At least one young man took the "community service" serious. Hope he gets his life straightened out makes a good citizen.

Maybe this fella is on the right track. Don't know. But based on the national average the taxpayer flipped the bill to the tune of $31,000 a year to house this cupcake which puts him owing society $62,000. Less the $1200 leaves $60,800 which could have stayed in the taxpayers' pockets so it looks to me he's still got a long row to hoe to pay society back. Maybe he will. Let's hope and pray for the best.

Jogeephus":lcoxd016 said:
Maybe this fella is on the right track. Don't know. But based on the national average the taxpayer flipped the bill to the tune of $31,000 a year to house this cupcake which puts him owing society $62,000. Less the $1200 leaves $60,800 which could have stayed in the taxpayers' pockets so it looks to me he's still got a long row to hoe to pay society back. Maybe he will. Let's hope and pray for the best.

I think you hit the nail on the head there cupcake. And I agree .
What makes the man is not the mistakes he's made, but how he deals with em

callmefence":3ccyokn6 said:
Jogeephus":3ccyokn6 said:

I think you hit the nail on the head there cupcake. And I agree .
What makes the man is not the mistakes he's made, but how he deals with em

Spot on!

I'm all for giving someone a chance or two to straight up and get their life in order. But a 32 page rap sheet is about thirty pages to many.

True Grit Farms":1zniyaac said:
I'm all for giving someone a chance or two to straight up and get their life in order. But a 32 page rap sheet is about thirty pages to many.

Crime stats show 80% will be back in prison within five years.

Hopefully he'll be one of the 20% that doesn't go back. I can't imagine giving up 2 years of my life in prison. No hunting, fishing or loving for 730 days, and some jerks want to go back?

I had a cousin that was in and out of trouble all the time. Always for peddlin dope. He'd go away for some long stretchs sometimes. He told me one time that he was much happier in jail. In jail he was somebody. People respected him. In the world he was looked down everywhere he went. Although his mind set was completely backwards, I can understand respect. I always thought it was insightful to how some of these guys think.

After 90 days on the Virginia prison farm I can;t imagine ever wanting to go back.

Caustic Burno":3994epij said:
Jogeephus":3994epij said:
In Texas it was Federal Judge Justice for all the irony in his name.We had them in tents and he set standards you would need to wall off a small state and provide comfortable public housing.

Talk about a sorry POS. I head they had to give Justice 24 hour security cause all the death threats. He sure did screw up TDCJ.

Latest posts