Another project

Help Support CattleToday:

I'll take some measurements tomorrow. I think it might be too light. I understand wanting to use materials you have around, however you will spend some time getting everything fabricated and you want a useful implement when you're finished. Just as well make something that will work for years and be satisfied with it's build.

I saw my first soil pulverizer in a guy's row of implements and didn't know what it was for. He explained how he used it when installing water pipe along a road right of way. When he had the job ready for seeding he'd use the pulverizer to level and smooth out the soil.
Thanks yea I would get a bigger H beam that's pretty much the whole thing. They know me at the scrap yard lol

Build/buy a Harley Rake. Will make chicken salad out of chicken s#$&. Pulverizers all over in the bushes now that power rakes are available.
I like pulverizers you ever had to replace a Harley rake spool you'll know why lol Harley rakes good for finishing a already graded yard I use it for that but the pulverizer I use to level and break up the earth. I will tell you this you don't want to put a Harley rake in a bunch of rocks near a road where as a pulverizer it's fine.

I decided not to buy a new soil pulverizer for 75k ok I'm exaggerating but I need another pulverizer and something to do mayb build with my son he's interested in welding and going to take it in tech next year. I have everything except bearings and springs to build it I think. My question for y'all is I have a 3 inch pipe I'd use as a roller with the spikes on it. Since I was going to use everything on hand I was going to put concrete in the pipe for added weight to bust dirt clods. I also figured if I just use cement for the weight I won't need a spring for down pressure but allow it to move up and down with land contour. I have a H beam it's 3/8" I think. I forgot too measure but the others I've seen were 1/2 inch I thought about putting cement in the frame to make it heavier. What do y'all think.
I made a poor man's culti-packer using 10-inch metal corrugated culvert with a shaft of 2-3/8 inch drill pipe. I welded some studs on the pipe to make good contact with the concrete I poured into center. It is important to center the shaft. I didn't use anything special for the bearings, just 2-3/8 pipe inside 2-7/8 pipe. I just lubricate the bearings before I use it. I just welded some plate to the bearing so I could attach to my box blade. It works great and is plenty heavy to break up clods. It is only about 52 inches long, however. If it's important, you could use real bearings or just tap a grease fitting onto each bearing area.

Found this pulverizer it's way different I wonder how it works

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210603-173102.png
    Screenshot_20210603-173102.png
    684.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20210603-172938.png
    Screenshot_20210603-172938.png
    519.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20210603-172838.png
    Screenshot_20210603-172838.png
    376.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20210603-172439.png
    Screenshot_20210603-172439.png
    455.9 KB · Views: 4
Looks a bit light weight, but if you've bought it just put it to use. If it doesn't suit you add weight or whatever it needs!
Oh no I seen that pic in Facebook marketplace. I didn't buy it just noticed how different it is built.

Latest posts