Another interesting pasture bird.

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy

Reaction score
riding around today i heard a bird crying and out of the corner of my eye i saw her flopping around with a broken ring. oh just kidding-she flew away. haha. that'll get me. not! i look around and see 4 tiny baby killdeers scurrying off in different directions. I love watching baby killdeers running away but what is even more of an accomplishment is finding a killdeer nest.

Beefy":m1f1brza said:
riding around today i heard a bird crying and out of the corner of my eye i saw her flopping around with a broken ring. oh just kidding-she flew away. haha. that'll get me. not! i look around and see 4 tiny baby killdeers scurrying off in different directions. I love watching baby killdeers running away but what is even more of an accomplishment is finding a killdeer nest.

The question I have for you is how do the little birds build (lay there eggs) nest next to a cow trail and they never get stepped on.

b/c all the cows stay on the trail? :lol:

beats me? i wonder if i ever run over any?

Caustic Burno":1y23nj50 said:
Beefy":1y23nj50 said:

The question I have for you is how do the little birds build (lay there eggs) nest next to a cow trail and they never get stepped on.

Never thought of that-maybe the cows realize the importance of the birds to eat the bugs that eat the grass? Reckon they are that smart?

When we first bought cows here we bought bred cows and one pair. We had them penned up and I saw the baby laying down and the other cows were around it and I said to my dad Oh no, they are going to step on that baby. He said they won't even step on that baby. Sure enough I watched them and they were very careful not to. I thought that was neat that a big old cow would pay attention enough to not hurt the baby.

Beefy":3p3voyhm said:

They deserve an acadamy award for their acting hurt ability.

Latest posts