Bird Repellent?

Help Support CattleToday:

I use a product in sweet corn to keep birds away. It's called "avian control bird repellent". Obviously, this is a spray product. If you'll google it, you can also find blocks that can be hung or set up. It's worth a try

Called friend of mine in the pest control biz. He order me some spray that's supposed to repell them, I'm guessing it's car piss in a bottle. Lol

Called friend of mine in the pest control biz. He order me some spray that's supposed to repell them, I'm guessing it's car piss in a bottle. Lol
:unsure:
I had a car that would piss every time the temp got near 100F.
bad head gasket.
;)

Last edited:
The Amish neighbor had one of these in his corn field when he first planted it.

Last edited:
So my shop was built by my dad 23yrs ago. Other than sound deadening I have no idea why there's insulation on the inside of the roof. It's foam board insulation. Recently birds have decided they like to tear it up. Azzholes! I've tried a decoy owl, can't shoot enough to help with BB gun, use something big enough to really shoot them and the roof will leak. Their crapping all over my truck and tractor. Any tips or ideas? I've heard chicken wire of the insulation but pretty sure they will just pick thru it. They've even tunneled into the enclosed portion of my shop and sit there and crap on my welder. I'm at a loss what to do, this is going on about a 2yr+ battle. Pretty sure their just sparrows.

I had a simialr problem on my back porch where I have lights and a ceiling fan. I hung bird netting from one end to the other, low enough the ceiling fan would not get hung up. Bird netting is cheap. The netting was also NOT tight, I left it kind of sagging. After 3 years I was able to take it down. The birds learned to nest else where. For the corner eaves with the muddy birds / barn swallows, in the spring I stapled plastic grocery sacks where they like to nest and in the fall I took them down. It took 3 years, but they do not nest on my house anymore. We've lived in the house for 11 years now.

I had a simialr problem on my back porch where I have lights and a ceiling fan. I hung bird netting from one end to the other, low enough the ceiling fan would not get hung up. Bird netting is cheap. The netting was also NOT tight, I left it kind of sagging. After 3 years I was able to take it down. The birds learned to nest else where. For the corner eaves with the muddy birds / barn swallows, in the spring I stapled plastic grocery sacks where they like to nest and in the fall I took them down. It took 3 years, but they do not nest on my house anymore. We've lived in the house for 11 years now.
Around here....those end up dead. Plenty of barns around here to use.

There might be a little mixed in with the Eagles, Marshall Tucker Band, and Skynard.
Don't waste any skynyrd on birds. The tape is actually great for streamers and it reflects light well.

Whirly Gigs helped us. All in the orchard. Rubber snakes hanging from each peach tree. rubber snakes on the berry trellises.

My wife wanted a corner jig for stain glass so I built it. She made these things that twirl in the wind.

Our bobble head owls were expensive and they don't seem to be of much value. There are some old riding mowers out on the back 40. I'm thinking of pulling wheel bearings and making horizontal wind spinners with cups and rods. Small steamers on those.

Anything that moves seems to give the birds the heebie jeebies.

Don't waste any skynyrd on birds. The tape is actually great for streamers and it reflects light well.

Whirly Gigs helped us. All in the orchard. Rubber snakes hanging from each peach tree. rubber snakes on the berry trellises.

My wife wanted a corner jig for stain glass so I built it. She made these things that twirl in the wind.

Our bobble head owls were expensive and they don't seem to be of much value. There are some old riding mowers out on the back 40. I'm thinking of pulling wheel bearings and making horizontal wind spinners with cups and rods. Small steamers on those.

Anything that moves seems to give the birds the heebie jeebies.
I used to build wooden whirly gigs and at one time had nearly 40 fence posts topped with them. They didn't seem to deter the birds much. They get used to them I suppose. I intend to start back making them here at the new place, just haven't got my jigs out yet. They are relatively easy to make once set up to make a run. The wing hubs and painting take the longest.

Building a horizontal rotor is more difficult than it may seem. (I know, I tried it unsuccessfully several times when I made a helicopter whirly gig before I figured it out. )With cups, Even tho the returning blade(s) has the convex side of the cup facing into the wind, it's still the same size area (sq inches or fraction thereof) that faces the air. You would think even a sharp point cone would work but not really very much.
You will definitely want an odd # of blades. 3 might work but 5 or 7 would be better.
The best way is a hinged upper 1/2 along the length of the blade.
I'd have to draw it out to make myself clear.
Be careful what 'shape' the cross section of the blade ends up as. A moderate wind will make it violently shake itself apart because of the airfoil ..or cup up or down. Ouachita can probably explain the physics of it in text better than I can.
Play around folding paper to get something that will work before sending a lot in material or time....like I did :( .

Around here....those end up dead. Plenty of barns around here to use.
Killing protected birds like swallows is against the law. Yes, I know only if you get caught. You should be advised that swallows are in steep decline, possibly because of people who illegally kill them. They eat thousands of mosquitoes a day, so that should get them some appreciation. I know I appreciate them keeping the mosquito population down. I wish we had more swallows.

Killing protected birds like swallows is against the law. Yes, I know only if you get caught. You should be advised that swallows are in steep decline, possibly because of people who illegally kill them. They eat thousands of mosquitoes a day, so that should get them some appreciation. I know I appreciate them keeping the mosquito population down. I wish we had more swallows.
I think I know where ya can get a whole bunch of em.
The problem is catching them.
That's a whole 'nother thread topic...

Killing protected birds like swallows is against the law. Yes, I know only if you get caught. You should be advised that swallows are in steep decline, possibly because of people who illegally kill them. They eat thousands of mosquitoeso a day, so that should get them some appreciation. I know I appreciate them keeping the mosquito population down. I wish we had more swallows.
And yet again you are making things up to fit your personal agenda. Swallows are in no way in a "steep decline". They have actually increased in population and are one of the most widely distributed birds in the world. I like to have them around too, but there is no need to spread lies to make your point.