Another dumb idea?

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
With all the talk about big squares lately I've been doing a little thinking. Rare, but it happens. Say you like to roll your hay out for cattle but have access to some big squares and don't have any labor other than self.

Solution: The cfpinz patent-pending big bale flaker.

Take one old tired manure spreader, remove beaters and anything in the way out back. Place big square in bed, remove strings and use apron chains to meter the hay out in pats while cruising the pasture with your tractor of choice.

Procede at your own stupidity.

cfpinz

Heckava idea, you can do alot with an old manure spreader.

My roomates uncles in Lemmon South Dakota use a manure spreader to feed corn on the cob to the cows in the winter. We went there last cold season and they have hydrolics set up on a new dodge cummins so they just plug the manure spreader into the pickup and head out with a load of corn, thought that was a pretty neat idea.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2979228090053910895keaLes

cfpinz,

You might have a little trouble with the patent on this idea. I have a friend who has been doing this for sometime now. Works well for him.

I have another friend who loads 4 or 5 bales on a wagon. Drives out to the field, puts his tractor in the low hole and climbs off the tractor and up on the wagon. As the tractor slowly putts across the field he flakes off the hay. It should be noted that he has a very slow tractor and a very big flat field.

cfpinz":qozu1gyd said:
With all the talk about big squares lately I've been doing a little thinking. Rare, but it happens. Say you like to roll your hay out for cattle but have access to some big squares and don't have any labor other than self.

Solution: The cfpinz patent-pending big bale flaker.

Take one old tired manure spreader, remove beaters and anything in the way out back. Place big square in bed, remove strings and use apron chains to meter the hay out in pats while cruising the pasture with your tractor of choice.

Procede at your own stupidity.

cfpinz

Great idea. Lots of those old spreaders around too.

I fed gluten/soy pellets last year in the drought with a side delivery manure spreader.:lol: The gate had a hole rusted out and was just big enough for the pellets to fall out on the drum/slinger. Put the tractor in ground speed PTO and low gear(very slow). Added a piece of sheet metal so it would slide the pellets out beyong the tires. Worked like a charm. When I bought feed I'd just pull the spreader behind the truck and get about 4,800 pounds in it. :oops:

Dave":2sl4a1rz said:
cfpinz,

You might have a little trouble with the patent on this idea. I have a friend who has been doing this for sometime now. Works well for him.

Now Dave, you done went and busted my bubble. I was just finishing up making plans on what to do with my first million.

cfpinz

cfpinz":2bpuobhv said:
Dave":2bpuobhv said:
cfpinz,

Now Dave, you done went and busted my bubble. I was just finishing up making plans on what to do with my first million.

cfpinz

Cfpinz, guess I'd just keep farming till the million runs out. :lol:

Latest posts