ANOTHER comment about color

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm going with black bull. That cow looks to be a diluted color, with Hereford in her background, for the white face or possibly Simmental. If that calf was out of a Hereford bull, it would almost certainly have more white on it, especially if the cow is part Hereford.

I think that calf is too dark black to be from that cow and a Hereford Bull. We've had a neighbor bull show up before and breed a cow and then he went back on his own. They can do it.
This is actually quite common in these parts, i thought it was more common. Not saying this to be mean or anything to the other posters, but I'm quite surprised on how foreign a bull jumping to breed a cow and then going back to his harem afterwards.

Now with that being said, the cow is a gray white face(i thought it was obvious). Also, i agree there is a small chance the sire could be hereford but as i stated at the end of my post, she calved right in the timeframe of not having a bull in the pasture, albeit still within the margin of error (how long an individual cow carries a calf), and the 2 black bulls next door.

I did enjoy the discussion and everyone's comments. I have been out of pocket with work, got a bottle calf from a different cow🙄, and delivering meat orders from some hogs. I found a snap i took last year.

Snapchat-551492039.jpg

Not to open that can of worms again but I didn't find any white stockings on my Hereford/ black angus x calves but most have white under their brisket and white bellies and / or udders .

No, it wasn't obvious. My first impression was a red white-faced cow, with BWF calf by an Angus bull.. but the lighting was so poor that after folks started talking 'dilution'... when I went back and looked again, and I wasn't sure.
Since you've cleared it up by confirming that she's a diluted black (gray), then... yeah, the Hereford sire is a possibility

Does it really matter to you ? Mom looks like a decent commercial cow. It is not like registered blood lines were tainted. Or am I missing something ?