Another Barn Build

Help Support CattleToday:

jehosofat

Reaction score
I contracted with a well known local barn builder to build me a pole barn. They showed up on Thursday morning, it rained till almost 11 am, they worked till 3 pm and it came a flood, so they knocked off for the day. Showed up at 6 am on Friday morning, and completed the job by 2 pm Friday afternoon. These fellas don't mess around. 5 man crew, including the boss.

OP
OP
J

jehosofat

Reaction score
Gonna add two lean to's on each side shortly, hay in the main, and equipment on each side.

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Nice barn... I like wood buildings but man steel is my favorite as you don't have to worry about carpenter bees and such

TCRanch

CT Supporter
CT Supporter
Reaction score
skyhightree1":1egv9ovx said:
Nice barn... I like wood buildings but man steel is my favorite as you don't have to worry about carpenter bees and such
How 'bout a cement lean-to?

skyhightree1

Reaction score
TCRanch":1u2as7en said:
skyhightree1":1u2as7en said:

WOW :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: ... why isn't there any bread storage underneath there. Did yall build it yourself?

skyhightree1

Reaction score
jehosofat":31bg42w7 said:
I contracted with a well known local barn builder to build me a pole barn. They showed up on Thursday morning, it rained till almost 11 am, they worked till 3 pm and it came a flood, so they knocked off for the day. Showed up at 6 am on Friday morning, and completed the job by 2 pm Friday afternoon. These fellas don't mess around. 5 man crew, including the boss.
]

Strictly a inquiry did you get a quote on a metal building that size compared to the wood ?

OP
OP
J

jehosofat

Reaction score
skyhightree1":2rqgxuej said:
jehosofat":2rqgxuej said:
]

Strictly a inquiry did you get a quote on a metal building that size compared to the wood ?

I did, over twice the money.

skyhightree1

Reaction score
jehosofat":r653ufup said:
skyhightree1":r653ufup said:
jehosofat":r653ufup said:
]

I did, over twice the money.

Oh ok

TCRanch

CT Supporter
CT Supporter
Reaction score
skyhightree1":2046bobe said:
TCRanch":2046bobe said:
skyhightree1":2046bobe said:

WOW :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: ... why isn't there any bread storage underneath there. Did yall build it yourself?
No, the guy that built our mechanical barn did this & we're having him put a larger one in another pasture. It's technically considered a non-permanent structure, primarily for tax purposes but I think KS is considering changing that allowance. His crew dug a shallow trench & poured cement for the perimeter base and simply stacked the interlocking cement blocks (think Legos) then added the trusses & secured the roof. We're thinking about adding a couple posts at each end so we can temporarily rig up some old cattle gates or panels & use it as a makeshift catch pen. The cement keeps them cool in the summer (like being in a basement) and during the winter I put out straw plus it's facing south so they don't get the north wind & stay pretty toasty. No bread storage :( but there's actually a lot of room for storage on the top of the side walls where the roof inclines.

skyhightree1

Reaction score
TCRanch":h23z5o1n said:
skyhightree1":h23z5o1n said:
TCRanch":h23z5o1n said:

No, the guy that built our mechanical barn did this & we're having him put a larger one in another pasture. It's technically considered a non-permanent structure, primarily for tax purposes but I think KS is considering changing that allowance. His crew dug a shallow trench & poured cement for the perimeter base and simply stacked the interlocking cement blocks (think Legos) then added the trusses & secured the roof. We're thinking about adding a couple posts at each end so we can temporarily rig up some old cattle gates or panels & use it as a makeshift catch pen. The cement keeps them cool in the summer (like being in a basement) and during the winter I put out straw plus it's facing south so they don't get the north wind & stay pretty toasty. No bread storage :( but there's actually a lot of room for storage on the top of the side walls where the roof inclines.

:lol: use bread as insulation.