Another Barn Build

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":2jc9dpww said:
TCRanch":2jc9dpww said:
skyhightree1":2jc9dpww said:
WOW :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: ... why isn't there any bread storage underneath there. Did yall build it yourself?
No, the guy that built our mechanical barn did this & we're having him put a larger one in another pasture. It's technically considered a non-permanent structure, primarily for tax purposes but I think KS is considering changing that allowance. His crew dug a shallow trench & poured cement for the perimeter base and simply stacked the interlocking cement blocks (think Legos) then added the trusses & secured the roof. We're thinking about adding a couple posts at each end so we can temporarily rig up some old cattle gates or panels & use it as a makeshift catch pen. The cement keeps them cool in the summer (like being in a basement) and during the winter I put out straw plus it's facing south so they don't get the north wind & stay pretty toasty. No bread storage :( but there's actually a lot of room for storage on the top of the side walls where the roof inclines.

:lol: use bread as insulation.
Kinda do. Rod's a rangy dude but my heifers are pretty fat/well insulated ;-)

TC, building is 42x278x14, it is a storage building, 1st part is 42x48 for a contractors unit, next part is 42x24 rental and the rest are all 42×12 units for camper and trailer storage, and yes I'm sure even junk storage.

Latest posts