annoying family member?

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie":322w3fan said:
dun":322w3fan said:
Anyone ever think that maybe the other relatives feel the same way about us. I'm sure some of mine do, but since I try to only see them every 10-20 years it's not a big deal to me

And I should give a rat about what they think of me because...

Probably for the same reason they should about what others think

dun":3tfqzzzk said:
Lammie":3tfqzzzk said:
dun":3tfqzzzk said:
Anyone ever think that maybe the other relatives feel the same way about us. I'm sure some of mine do, but since I try to only see them every 10-20 years it's not a big deal to me

Do true, my Guru friend. I guess we all do the best we can.

Lammie":2nu36p79 said:
dun":2nu36p79 said:
Lammie":2nu36p79 said:
dun":2nu36p79 said:

Do true, my Guru friend. I guess we all do the best we can.

That's the beauty of friends and the drawback to relatives. You can pick your friends, your just saddled with relatives.

Lammie":3fnsu557 said:
dun":3fnsu557 said:

Hey! Let's not forget my beloved FIL! Same thing as Howdy. He hates me cause I took this boy outa Oklahoma. I keep telling him we'll be back someday. Especially now that Steve's working in Bonham.

Took mine (momma's baby boy) from Florida to Illinois (20 years ago). Then, just recently the BIL and SIL moved to Illinois too. Think I'm a family favorite?

Wisteria Farms":1ub59ut7 said:
Lammie":1ub59ut7 said:
dun":1ub59ut7 said:

Hey! Let's not forget my beloved FIL! Same thing as Howdy. He hates me cause I took this boy outa Oklahoma. I keep telling him we'll be back someday. Especially now that Steve's working in Bonham.

Took mine (momma's baby boy) from Florida to Illinois (20 years ago). Then, just recently the BIL and SIL moved to Illinois too. Think I'm a family favorite?

It might not matter so much as long as you are out of driving distance! :D We live about 2 hours from the FIL and they are burning up I-35 driving between Tishomingo and San Antonio.

I say "they". My FIL, who is 70, has a GF who is my age. They spend a lot of time getting her family out of messes.

Please don't make me say more. It will go beyond the boundaries of policital correctness. :roll:

Nice timing for this subject- Hubby told me last night that MIL is not doing well and might have to move in with us :shock:

I am afraid if she does that it will mean a divorce eventually- she has a way of turning things around and causing discourse- and when it comes to her, hubby has NO backbone and will sell me out every time to keep peace.

I say send her to a home- but he feels guilty doing that.
She has trained him well............
He loves his mother- but hates the woman almost as much as I do.

After 30 years in the same house, we remodeled our kitchen, doing most of the work ourselves and were really happy with the results. My sister walked in, strolled around and said "I liked your old trash can better." That's the best she could come up with.

Howdyjabo":3treec9a said:
Nice timing for this subject- Hubby told me last night that MIL is not doing well and might have to move in with us :shock:

I am afraid if she does that it will mean a divorce eventually- she has a way of turning things around and causing discourse- and when it comes to her, hubby has NO backbone and will sell me out every time to keep peace.

Are you and I married to the same man? I mean it. :shock:

Howdyjabo":1m4b3wo1 said:

This sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, especially if your husband will put his Mother before you and his own family. When I had WW4 with my MIL it got very nasty, I must say though my husband agreed with me that his Mother was way out of line, and we did not talk to her (either) of us for over a year. It was hard and all, but sometimes I wish we were still not talking. I think some people are just mean, and jealous, and really even though they are family, its best to limit contact if U can.

GMN

I feel for all the women on here with MIL problems. If something were to happen between me and my wife, my parents would disown me in a heartbeat and keep my wife. So would all my friends, neighbors, coworkers.....

cfpinz

3waycross":2esjbwhs said:
msscamp":2esjbwhs said:
Dave":2esjbwhs said:
My dad. He seems to be getting meaner with age. Every time I see him he will say something very mean and hurtful. I have talked to him about it but it hasn't done any good.

Have you ever considered the possibility that your Dad might be angry, scared, and unsure of how to deal with his increasing inability to do things he is used to doing without losing his pride and sense of self-worth? Has it occured to you that, because of that, he might simply be lashing out at those that are the closest to him - namely you? Perhaps you might want to try putting yourself in his place, and see how it feels. Take a good hard look at things from his perspective. It just might give you a whole new insight as to where he is coming from, and a better idea as to how to deal with the situation than talking ever could. I don't mean to come down on you, and this is just a suggestion from someone who has been there. ;-)

Been watching my Father go thru just what you described. Between the pressure of taking care of my mother thru some surgerys and his own declining health he has become very hard to deal with lately. It's not doing much for my frame of mind either, as he is only 20 yrs older than me , and I can see the handwriting on the wall. Funny how perspective changes as we age?

I am so sorry for what your father is going through, and for the repercussions in your life, as well as your families. Yeah, it is. I sincerely hope you can make good come out of this situation, and create a bond with your father that you will cherish forever. :) I'm not sure I stated that very well, but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

cfpinz":22l51jt9 said:
I feel for all the women on here with MIL problems. If something were to happen between me and my wife, my parents would disown me in a heartbeat and keep my wife. So would all my friends, neighbors, coworkers.....

cfpinz

And for good reason!

cfpinz":cqvxhynf said:

cfpinz

It isn't really my MIL. I am getting to like her. I never really got to know her before we married. It is my husband's pride that gets in the way.

Now, he will throw me under the bus for his FIL. And he's been warned that I will take matters into my own hands and deal with the old sucker myself if it happens again and Steve does nothing. May not make things better, but it will sure as heck do wonders for me.

I must be lucky as I have no family members I don't like. and my Husband is an only child of an only child. So there are no close relations...He did find he has a brother in Louisiana, but as he is far away and we have only seen him once and never again, not that he was not a nice fella, things happened that my Husband didn't like so wont be back to see him. Yep I am lucky.

used to have a whole family of in-laws I hated but they have been out of my life for years. hurray.....

Okay Lammie, here's a proposition for you :shock: :shock:

After this weekend, I'm ready for a trade. Care to trade out ILs? There are a few keepers but some that definately need culling. :shock: :shock: :shock:

backhoeboogie":thur4wru said:
Okay Lammie, here's a proposition for you :shock: :shock:

After this weekend, I'm ready for a trade. Care to trade out ILs? There are a few keepers but some that definately need culling. :shock: :shock: :shock:

No, I don't want him! :shock:

"The only time you get to choose a family member is when you get a puppy."

Here's a nightmare for ya! My boyfriend's mother (not even family) moved in about a month ago and is driving me nuts. Her rather large backside has already left a permanent indention in my new leather sofa (she's a 5X5, 5 foot tall and 5 foot wide) she talks baby talk to everyone and likes to read me her medical records! She also meets me at the door when I get home from work wanting to know what we will be having for supper!

The BF's stepfather had a stroke and lost his ranch job near San Angelo. They moved him to rehab in San Antonio and she is supposed to be looking for them a place to live in the area. They will be living on Social Security and she is being way too picky and doesn't like anything in the price range they can afford.

I'll have to put my foot down if the stepdad is released from the nursing facility (he's an alcoholic). He's not coming here!!!