Annoying Co-Workers?

Help Support CattleToday:

Misty I just have ask for some help from the women at this conference. Talk about some ideas. :shock: Forgot how sweet they can be to person in need of help and how ruthless they can be against a certain person. :lol:
Love them women.

Foreigner from a high cast. His job is beneath him. All peers on the job site are beneath him. He bathes every once in a while whether he needs to or not. Wears permeating cologn. He puts several layers of toilet paper on the seat and never flushes the toilet when he is done. He likes all his food burnt and uses extreme amounts of spices that stink. He will walk up and interupt conversations constantly. If you are in a meeting, he will extend the meeting a minimum of 15 minutes every time. He will help himself to any and everything in the workplace. He loves to look in everyone's dinner sack, looks at every thing in the ice box etc. He cuts in the front of the line and thinks nothing of it. He tries to get everyone else to do his work. He cuts and pastes paragraphs out of our documents into his then goes back and butchers the English language and adds incomplete sentences. Some times our bases are not even applicable to projects he is doing. When you review his documents and refuse to approve them, the whole office hears the discussion. No one in any other organization wants to talk to him so they call me or one of my peers.

I could go on and on. He is the most worthless person I have ever met. Thank goodness he transferred to Dallas. Every time he put in for a promotion or transfer we encouraged him all we could. We searched out openings and told him about them but no organization on site wanted him. It would be great if management would simply fire minorities like him. The folks in Dallas obviously didn't know much about him. I pity the group that took him.

backhoeboogie":28ywtf01 said:
Every time he put in for a promotion or transfer we encouraged him all we could.

When I was in the hiring mode I alwasy worried about applicants that had too high of a recommendation. It's just a variation of the Peter Principle where you promote poeple to one level above their competentcy(sp)

Another type of employee/co-worker I do not care for are those with the Holier than though attitude, yet they have no qualms stealing time from their employer.

I luv herfrds":1e81y126 said:
Misty I just have ask for some help from the women at this conference. Talk about some ideas. :shock: Forgot how sweet they can be to person in need of help and how ruthless they can be against a certain person. :lol:
Love them women.

ILH, I'm not sure I understand this. But If I said anything to offend you that was not my intent at all! :oops: Please check your pm when you get a chance.

MM

Been awhile since I actually worked out for someone, but when I did, I use to wrk with this girl, who was seeked after by the company to work for them, was supposed to have all this experience, but when she started working there, she knew nothing, I had to train her, I made $4 less an hour than her, and the only reason she made more was because she had a BS, and was supposedly full of experience, really burned me and the rest of my co workers. She was slow to boot, and talked down to all of us, like she was a royal highness!

Another person I worked with, was very emotional, and would cry about everything, this really was difficult to work with, got old fast.

GMN

I have one. There are basically two of us that run the department that I am in. I am supposed to be in charge of operations. So, I manage the office staff, co-ordinate shipping, put together material lists and basically just juggle whatever else happens to come my way. My counterpart is supposed to be in charge of pricing, scheduling, managing construction crews, doing final inspections and collecting final payments. So, our pricing has been out of whack right since spring. The construction projects we get are under bid significantly. So, we aren't making much on those. He has been out to do inspections twice so far this year. He should be making a run about every three weeks. There are projects that have been sitting on the ground since July because he hasn't co-ordinated with anybody to build them. As far as the salesmen go, they have taken to calling me when they have questions about special pricing, because the other guy is 'too busy' to work on that. We have almost a million dollars outstanding over 90 days because he's not doing the collections and I'm getting calls from customers asking when there projects are going to be done. When I refer them to my counterpart, they tell me that he won't return his calls. He's a very good talker and every time he talks to the manager, he just tells him that things are going really well. I, on the other hand, have a bad attitude because I insist on telling the manager how things really are. If this guy works an hour a day for us, I'd be surprised. I don't know what he makes, but I'm sure its more than me. He runs his own construction crew as well, and does his job in between running to job sites. The whole thing just drives me nuts and all I can hope is that when the manager does his year end review, he'll realize just what this guy has been doing all year and yet, I'm concerned that he'll somehow blame the company shortcomings on me. Oh well, I guess its just a job. :roll:

How about the phrase, "you can have my job." Sure, I'll take your job. Does it involve as much standing around as it appears? :roll:

I had (that being the operative word :banana: ) a co-worker that wouldn't do anything asked of him, by us dispatchers. He would dink around until another officer cleared and then say, oh, ask so and so to do it. that's not quite the way it works. we had an emergency call one night that he wouldn't go to because he said that they are just fakin it or something along those lines. thank heavens he's gone!

Oh Dog!! Forgot this one :eek:

Mobile, Alabama. 1985. Safety Man. Ex Drill Seargent. He got in my face for something trivial. Screaming in my face. I backed up and told him, "Write me up, do whatever, but please don't get in my face." He was back in my face again looking down on me. Again I backed up and nicely asked him to get out of my face. He came the third time and spit hit me on the cheek. That was it. Axe kick to the left side of his head, then a full spin heel to the right cheek bone. He went out cold. Folded up right there on the concrete and his hard had went bouncing off. I got fired. He got fired too.

This is something one should regret. I never have. Feel bad about not regretting it. He had no cause to go bringing that type of verbal abuse into the work place.

Early on when I was working in the woods I worked on high lead logging outfits. Screaming and yelling and other forms of verbal abuse were the norm. That was why I started falling timber. Once you started up that saw everyone got way back and left you alone.
My first supervisor after I got out of the woods did nothing but took credit for everything that those under him accomplished. That was pretty annoying but he is gone and those of us who did the work are still there.

born2run":1pgipsrp said:
How about the phrase, "you can have my job." Sure, I'll take your job. Does it involve as much standing around as it appears? :roll:

I'm not sure you're talking to me, but actually it involves about ten hours a day of sitting in an office fielding calls from people most of which have a bug up their butt about something. In between that, I supervise the office staff, put together material lists, and order materials. We've done over 150 projects this year, all of which have come through my desk. Most of the time its pretty fast paced, and most people who've seen what I do tell me that they wouldn't like the stress of my job. I spent over 20 years working on construction sites, usually 60 hours a week. Lots of days, I find this tougher, but unfortunately I'm not healthy enough to go back to working like that any more, so, I guess the answer is no, there's not much time to stand around.
But again, my big issue with my co-worker is that he is using his position to cherry pick the construction projects that he wants for his crew for which he gets paid the full pay schedule for. I think that he makes pretty good money from that crew considering that some of his equipment is company owned and he doesn't pay much out for wages compared to what we're paying him. But, he's also collecting a full salary from our company for a job that he's not really doing. So he's making two pay cheques. Of course, maybe I'm just jealous because I didn't think of it first.

I have got one that if he is not on one of three phones( that ring all the time) he is singing and whistling. Trust me he can’t do neither one good.

Cattle Rack Rancher":2jckxcfw said:
born2run":2jckxcfw said:

I'm not sure you're talking to me, but actually it involves about ten hours a day of sitting in an office fielding calls from people most of which have a bug up their butt about something. In between that, I supervise the office staff, put together material lists, and order materials. We've done over 150 projects this year, all of which have come through my desk. Most of the time its pretty fast paced, and most people who've seen what I do tell me that they wouldn't like the stress of my job. I spent over 20 years working on construction sites, usually 60 hours a week. Lots of days, I find this tougher, but unfortunately I'm not healthy enough to go back to working like that any more, so, I guess the answer is no, there's not much time to stand around.
But again, my big issue with my co-worker is that he is using his position to cherry pick the construction projects that he wants for his crew for which he gets paid the full pay schedule for. I think that he makes pretty good money from that crew considering that some of his equipment is company owned and he doesn't pay much out for wages compared to what we're paying him. But, he's also collecting a full salary from our company for a job that he's not really doing. So he's making two pay cheques. Of course, maybe I'm just jealous because I didn't think of it first.

yup, you're just jealous. :lol: you snooze, you lose. ;-)

Latest posts