Annoying Co-Workers?

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
:mad: :mad:

We visited the topic of annoying relatives. What about annoying co-workers? You know, the ones that are always off work for who knows why, who take the three hour lunch, who say and do things that you would get canned for, warm up salmon patties in the break room?

I just had a co-worker take my conference period and her's too because she's trying to get her kids on the Salvation Army Angel Tree.

Please don't get me started, and no she is not deserving of charity. Not the way she lives her life.

Oh yeah! There is a guy SLEEPING in his office across from me RIGHT NOW! If I were to do that I'd get caught before I even had a chance to start drooling. He does this almost every day after lunch. Also the people that take about 50 smoke breaks a day. I really hate that.

When I worked for other companies and organizations before I retired (to enter cattle business full time...lol), these were some of the irritations I felt:

• 1. People asking for donations for birthdays, anniversaries, 4-H, Scouts, marriages, baby showers, etc., etc. Seems like at least one every week...
    2. Co-workers that could only talk about their kids and grandkids and nothing otherwise.
    3. Employees that would take YOUR idea and get credit for it.
    4. Inter-departmental politics: Power struggles, etc.
    5. People that would digress and tie-up meetings with non-essential crap.
    6. People that were late for meetings.
    7. People that wouldn't return your phone calls (in your own facility).
    8. People that wouldn't give you a straight answer about anything.
    9. Non-smokers that thought they were the greatest SPECIES to the human race.
    10. People that rarely checked their "in-box" to read and answer their memos and other essential communications.

11. I could probably go on and on...lol.

Got two co-workers sitting right here next to me bothering me on my lunch break. They seem to think whats on my plate should be theirs. Oh yeah one is a huge black lab the other a tiny yellow lab. They also want to skip the afternoon staff infection. The topic is anal gland cleaning :D

What about co-workers who only work when the boss is watching and the rest of the time, they are idle. Ones that come in late and leave early. My all time favorite is the person who brings their marriage problems with them to work. Or someone who plans their weddings. Or the person who will give you every detail of their pregnancy you don't want to know, such as the day of conception...

The one's that act like 2 year old's kill me seem's they know everything can do it all and pout like crazy when thing's dont go their way stand around and grip about everything and when it come's down to it they got it made.

rattler

I get annoyed with folks who talk about what all they had done or how hard they used to work as though it was some type of justification for them sitting on their ____! The fella I'm thinking about continuously complained about his not getting paid enough money and how he could go out and make twice as much, etc etc. Just a bad apple spoiling the barrel if you know what I mean. I think his name was Mal Content. :lol:

It;ss a militray term more or less but the same principle applys to a lot of employees. R.O.A.D. Retired on active duty... Don;t do anything but take up space, if they even show up, and get in the way of people trying to do a job.

True, Jo. And have you noticed that if one person stops doing her job that others will slow up thinking that "they aren't going to do any more work than she is!" Bad attitudes are contagious. You can get a whole department of folks trying to underwork the others.

On the other hand, if someone really works her tush off, you seldom see anyone trying to outwork her. On the contrary, she is liable to get labeled as an a$$ kisser.

I try not to worry about anyone but myself. It really gets on my nerves to see the same people getting away with the same stuff every day. I work at a school; therefore, the majority of my day should be spent with students. Same for my fellow faculty members. You would be amazed at what a foreign concept this seems to be for some my of co-workers. They want to everything and anything short of actually teaching.

And yes, the principal does seem to have been steered. No balls. Figuratively speaking. I have not seen for myself. :shock:

Right now I'm in a big fight with my co-worker/husband. Came home from an all day EMS training course, found him asleep in his chair and both kids glued to the TV. Had the cattle bawling for some feed, so I turned around and went back up to the corral and fed. Told the kids to do the dishes. Came back and nothing done. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Got into a huge fight with him. His complaint? His favorite shows were not on the TV like he thought they should be. They were on last night, if he hadn't gone to the bar he would have found that out. He just left to head back to the bar. Again. :mad:

I luv herfrds":2ee37m11 said:
Right now I'm in a big fight with my co-worker/husband. Came home from an all day EMS training course, found him asleep in his chair and both kids glued to the TV. Had the cattle bawling for some feed, so I turned around and went back up to the corral and fed. Told the kids to do the dishes. Came back and nothing done. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Got into a huge fight with him. His complaint? His favorite shows were not on the TV like he thought they should be. They were on last night, if he hadn't gone to the bar he would have found that out. He just left to head back to the bar. Again. :mad:

Sounds like throw down on the playground time...

GAWD, I'm glad I don't have to deal with that...

Alice

Yep, Makes me wonder why I keep that old dog, She is still the best I got.
L.A.

I luv herfrds":2rwd0c2r said:

I know someone who got p.o.'d at their husband and took advantage of his "altered" state. After he passed out in bed she wrote on his face with a permanent sharpie pen... he got her message loud & clear.

Lammie":1rod3wnf said:
True, Jo. And have you noticed that if one person stops doing her job that others will slow up thinking that "they aren't going to do any more work than she is!" Bad attitudes are contagious. You can get a whole department of folks trying to underwork the others.

On the other hand, if someone really works her tush off, you seldom see anyone trying to outwork her. On the contrary, she is liable to get labeled as an a$$ kisser.

I try not to worry about anyone but myself. :roll: :roll: It really gets on my nerves to see the same people getting away with the same stuff every day.
I work at a school; therefore, the majority of my day should be spent with students. Same for my fellow faculty members. You would be amazed at what a foreign concept this seems to be for some my of co-workers. They want to everything and anything short of actually teaching.

And yes, the principal does seem to have been steered. No balls. Figuratively speaking. I have not seen for myself. :shock:

Co-workers who think they know everything really makes it hard on those of us who do! :shock: :lol:

It's hard to soar with eagles when you work with a bunch of turkeys! ;-)

warpaint":aljr374e said:
Co-workers who think they know everything really makes it hard on those of us who do! :shock: :lol:

It's hard to soar with eagles when you work with a bunch of turkeys! ;-)

Gee warpaint with insight like that you should really get moved from guru status to mental(oh I meant mentor) ;-)

I luv herfrds, PM me your address and I'll send you a case of whupass :D

All I wanna do is go to work, work, and go home. I took a job that with less responsibility, less stress, and fewer hours on purpose so that I could just do my job and get home. I can't stand it when personal dramas make it to the workplace. Work should be a place where you can go without thinking about home for a few hours every day. Then you can approach your personal issues with a clear head when you do get home.

My irritations are:

Co-workers who beg the boss for hours but try to give away the days they DO have.

I noticed someone mentioned bringing marriage problems to work. Ditto to that being highly irritating.

Co-workers who would rather bash others for not doing their work than do their own.

Misty wrote;
Gee warpaint with insight like that you should really get moved from guru status to mental(oh I meant mentor)

But on a serious note, readin thru these makes me kinda glad that I work with very little personal supervision. I might see my boss twice during the duration of a job. (approx. 6 mos.)

Sorry Paint, I'll be serious too for a minute. I worked for some time with developmentaly disabled folks and I know this is a thread on annoying co-workers but my thought was that I had so few annoying issues then, than at any other job I had. I also went home every day thanking God for all the great things I did have. :D

Latest posts