Animal Rights we should all pay attention!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
I came across this site entirely by accident when searching for cow realated articles. I am always amazed by what these people say and do. I also think that it pays to know what they are saying and doing. I am all for animal welfare, but this just goes a bit too far..........

http://www.cowsarecool.com/

aplusmnt":2ib9w7tu said:
interesting article......they sure paint us as bad people treating these poor cows badely.

I know, to them we are nasty, nasty people, and they appeal greatly to people in the city that have NO experience with livestock whatsoever. And the sad thing is that they are finding the one or two cases of animal cruelty and neglect and making it look (to the ignorant) that that is the way things are done by us all :mad:

Who cares about celebrity's opinions? Their appeal is in their artistic talent. Period.

As for the activists/extremists...those whack jobs are a whole different ball game.

I don't keep cattle, but I know it is only a few that are cruel.
these extremists go on about the leather trade and say we should wear manmade things, they are in contradiction to themselves surely, as manmade things don't degrade for years and sit in landfills for ages, and in the making of them let out gasses that affect the ozone layer they are so keen to protect.
and also manmade materials are not good for the feet, as it can not breath. these so called goody goodies make me :mad:

Don't they know that we raise them so they can be killed, run through a grinder till the meat is able to be made into a patty, then throw them on a grill, then between a sesame seed bun with some ketchup and cheese :D

We do not raise them for their leather. They make it out like all of this is done to a cow so we can all have leather jackets. All along they stop by in their fake leather jackets and McDonalds to eat a burger.

The usual diet of misinformation,and pictures from third world countries.
All abattoirs are supervised by veterinary and meat hygiene officers to prevent cruelty or any diversion from animal handling protocols, in most developed countries.
Pigs are electrically stunned and bled out long before they reach the scalding tank where the hot water loosens the hair we don't skin pigs, the crackling is far too nice!
Cattle are stunned with the captive bolt, and will die of brain trauma if not bled ,before they reach the skinning post, and meat is ruined if the animal is't bled immidiately after stunning
as the increased blood pressure causes the capilliaries to rupture.
Sorry about the lecture, these ignoramuses always rile me!

Most show cattle are pampered! I didnt see too much about that on the site! As for leather sales... the cow is dead. DEAD! He has no feelings about where his hide is shipped. Make as much money as you can. The Native Americans used EVERY bit of the animal!!!

Phew, nothin like animal rights activists to get me riled up! lol
:cboy:

Miss Daisy":wb11kzkp said:
Most show cattle are pampered! I didnt see too much about that on the site! As for leather sales... the cow is dead. DEAD! He has no feelings about where his hide is shipped. Make as much money as you can. The Native Americans used EVERY bit of the animal!!!

Phew, nothin like animal rights activists to get me riled up! lol
:cboy:

Very little of a slaughtered animal goes to waste. Both of the sites below show how byproducts are used in everyday life. Vegans and AR people use many of those products, too.

http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/ahfss/mpi/by_products.htm

http://www.oznet.ksu.edu/neareaoffice/a ... oducts.htm

AR people will also ignore how cattle eat human food production byproducts. They like to say how much soy, for example, cattle eat. But cattle eat very little soy. They mostly eat soy meal which is made from the leftovers after the oil has been extracted from the bean, stuff that would otherwise end up in the landfill. Have you guys seen this site? It's run by the NCBA and a good one, I think:

http://www.beef.org/documents/Factoid%2 ... 202-03.doc

we got a grumpy ol fart neighbor, with a big burr under his saddle[since he retired, nothing to do} he has tryed to run my ass out of town{litterly since i have donkeys} since 99, my donks arent bothering him, never out. well taken care, i spay my field with sable fresh{can u belive that !} so donkey turds smell like green apples...awwwwww :lol: i have had every law enforcement in the co here{goood to know if i need a cop they know where to find me,"donkey lady"}last year had PETA sent the sheriff,sheriff was pretty mad about the call , she knew i took good care of my mules. but had to come, i was feeding hay in round feeder, so they stay most of the time bellied up to or near the feeder, it was told that i fenced them in a small area with nothing to eat ! PETA had a phone number on the letter. but it was the wrong number..hummm big suprize.. they make waves but dont want face the facts.. we know who called them,hes pretty mad the co wont do any thing to us.. we bought extra land about 4 miles from us, but i wont move down there till they throw the first shovle of dirt on ol roy! LOL Rose

There was a good letter in the British 'Farmer's Weekly' a few years ago.
A woman commuting to and from work was distressed to see the cattle on a particular farm were always corralled in a tiny concreted area, so she reported the farmer to the authorities.
It transpired that her commute times coinsided with the farm milking times, and what she saw every day were the cows in the yard next to the milking parlour, waiting to be milked.
The farmer invited the woman to spend a dayon the farm with her family,with appropriate country hospitality, and she saw the whole days routine with the cattle grazing etc. The two families became friends, and a new townie became a farmer supporter instead of a critic.
Empowerment through education at work (with a little love thy enemies thrown in?)

Didn't read much past the dairy cows on that site, but what I saw what an absolute lie as usual. Milking machines hurting cows?!?! I've never known stray voltage to induce milk letdown! :roll:

what a crock of $hit! look here at part of what they are saying.

quote>

Leather from cows comes from animals raised for both beef and milk. Cattle raised for beef spend most of their lives on overcrowded feedlots. Studies have found that ranchers maximize profits by giving each steer less than 20 square feet of living space-the equivalent of putting 12 half-ton steers in a typical American bedroom! They are subjected to painful procedures like castration; branding, which causes third-degree burns; tail-docking; and dehorning - all without painkillers. Deprived of veterinary care, exposed to the elements with no shelter, these breathing, thinking, feeling beings, who feel pain just as we do, suffer immensely. Instead of treating them humanely, they are fed a steady diet of hormones to fatten them and antibiotics to keep them alive.

speniding most of their life in crowded feedlots? jeesh!
yes your typical lot of misinformation from a bunch of city wackos. problem is most of these idiots don't know any better and they Believe it! :mad:

I swear the whole gol durn world has gone insane. They even are out to protect the bees. Would you believe that? It is cruel to clip a queen bees wings so she can't fly.
Jessh what a bunck of wackos!

Latest posts