Angus X Braunvieh Calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Roadapple":2v4e7cf6 said:
Lets get realistic here. If you have a bull that's so tall he can step over a fence that height, and a head as big as a coke machine, you gotta be some kind of a dumb a-- to use him for a breeder. I've used Braunvieh for 3 yrs. and the only one I've pulled was a breech. The biggest one was (If I remember right , without checking) was 80 lbs. And their a heckuva lot more docile than anything else I've got. Now if he tore up that much, why would you keep him 4 yrs. Now if that's true don't you think there's been improvement in them in the last 20 yrs?

Read the post. He wasn't my bull. I didn't want to use him. He wouldn't stay home. The heifers were being backgrounded, weren't supposed to be bred at all. I have no idea about the last 20 yrs progress nor do I care to. If you would like to carry this useless debate further, PM me, don't waste everyone else's time. I have to go feed now, I'll check back in the morning. :tiphat:

redfornow":243ihnnw said:
ALACOWMAN":243ihnnw said:
dyates":243ihnnw said:
I'm not popping off about things which I know nothing about. Personal experience only. The problem was somebody else's bull that wouldn't stay at home. I do know Braunvieh got somewhat popular here back in the late '80s early '90s. They are few and far between now.

Something else I forgot. This wasn't one experience.
  • > This was stretched out over 4 years and several thousand dollars worth of dead heifers, busted gates, headaches and blood.<
Should have sued the people, but you can't get blood from a turnip.
sounds like a slow learner.. one bad calv'in experiance im shuting down and retool'in
i think i lost track of where the bull was between the first and second paragraph :p sorry i thought it was on the owners side . i knew he wasnt his bull :oops:

Sorry dyates if you thought I was referring to you. I should have been more specific and said the owner of the bull. But you did'nt say if the bull worked, as far as birth wts., on his cattle. I thought it was his heifers and now I see it was yours. Were they your heifers being bred at your place, or were they your heifers being bred at the farm where you background your heifers? I don't know all the circumstances as far as backgrounding at his place, but if he was tearing everything up and getting in with your heifers, why keep taking your heifers back there and as you say losing heifers becuz of that bull? I think I would have bought the bull and made hamburger out of him or when he come visiting I'd ran him out on the back 40 and done the (3 SSSs).

Latest posts