Angus sire ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Sydgen Liberty GA 8627 is often over looked.
http://www.bullbarn.com/angblkepd.asp?ID=1719
Liberty is above breed average for 21 of 25 traits with .90 accuracy on birth weights
$16 semen makes him a best buy to boot.

But according to your criteria the winner is....
Connealy Counselor $24 with 23 of 25 traits above breed average his only 2 negative traits are DMI and $EN -29

Hoover Dam $26 and 20 of 25 traits
Black Granite $30 and 20 of 25 traits
Absolute $35 and 19 of 25 traits

Ten X $60 has 7 of 25 traits at or Below breed average

Is that all you care about???

I believe Liberty is deceased, but yes still selling, wonder how much they have stocked up??

Used a half-cane of Liberty on some heifers a few years back; calves were totally unremarkable... but I don't expect record-breaking performance out of first-timers. Reputation for slick hair/early shedding was the draw for me. But, I haven't been back to him.

Respected Angus breeder and veterinarian friend strongly recommended Counselor to me as a good bull that would sire good females with great foot/leg structure, shortly before he passed earlier this year.

torogmc81":34e3njvj said:
Is that all you care about???
I believe what he may be looking for is a plug and go bull that won't hurt him too much in any particular area.
Doing the search made me appreciate how much Counselor really has going for him that I did not notice before.

Where are you located TNFarmboy? I know where you can see some Liberty and probably Turbo progeny.. Liberty worked well here..

Almost 2 yr old Liberty bull calf. 1400# yearling wt, 7 % IMF and a 16.1 sq in ribeye. Some of them will work..

What do you want from a phenotype standpoint? Some people breed for only epd numbers, some for only phenotype, some for both epds and phenotype. Just trying to get better feel for what you want in your cattle?

I was going to use Counselor on two cows this year but when I went to order him he was on back order. I was very disappointed, threw a real wrench in my plan. Hopefully I can use home on a few cows next year.

I haven't checked since does anyone know if he's back available?