Angus Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Here, I am going to post Ole Boomer again. He is out of Leachman Boomtime, and SAF Royal Las 8339. We have another bull out of Retail Product. I do wish I had a picture of him. He looks just like his sire. I can give you his reg. #DeerValley Retail Grit S6125 +15544196 So, Retail Product seems to pass his traits. I would like to find a bull to AI heifers with. Many of the heifers I will be AI'ing will be out of these bulls. Any suggestions?
We do have Neutron cows, Sitz Alliance cows, etc...
Boomer2008III.jpg

Alacattleman,
Those Sitz Alliance cows can really pull the scrotal size up on the bulls with tiny squirrel nuts. Then I am trying to pull some of his numbers up with another cross.

How are the babies looking?
Chuckie

Chuckie":ucasewd6 said:
Alacattleman,
Those Sitz Alliance cows can really pull the scrotal size up on the bulls with tiny squirrel nuts. Then I am trying to pull some of his numbers up with another cross.

How are the babies looking?
Chuckie
no baldies,,,, but they are impressive with good muscling ...finally getting enough angus influence in my herd that all are solid,,, but hopefully there will be a few baldies in the future

Look at Accelerated`s Net Present Value, Reflection, and Dash all hiefier bulls three different frame sizes Dash has some Sitz blood but if its Alliance its on back. Genex has Bismark but hes 6 wks out getting him.

I can see Retail Product in him for sure. With a bull like that I wouldn't be wasting my time buying much semen. I hope to be breeding my best cow to Retail Product in a week or so, hope I get something like yours out of the breeding.

Chuckie":elm7vc2o said:
Here, I am going to post Ole Boomer again. He is out of Leachman Boomtime, and SAF Royal Las 8339. We have another bull out of Retail Product. I do wish I had a picture of him. He looks just like his sire. I can give you his reg. #DeerValley Retail Grit S6125 +15544196 So, Retail Product seems to pass his traits. I would like to find a bull to AI heifers with. Many of the heifers I will be AI'ing will be out of these bulls. Any suggestions?
We do have Neutron cows, Sitz Alliance cows, etc...
Boomer2008III.jpg
I had a fame son out that same cow!
14373124 He was 2750lbs when we sold him. and was too long for the 8' scale so we haf to back him on it so his head could stick out over the edge of the scale. He was a 7.1 frame and gentle as a kitten. He didn't have the numbers yours does but they sure look similiar.
Valerie

I'm not an expert, but I didn't know you could get that much beef on a bull, especially angus. Almost looks like his head isn't big enough for his body.

Chuckie":3niofmll said:
Here, I am going to post Ole Boomer again. He is out of Leachman Boomtime, and SAF Royal Las 8339. We have another bull out of Retail Product. I do wish I had a picture of him. He looks just like his sire. I can give you his reg. #DeerValley Retail Grit S6125 +15544196 So, Retail Product seems to pass his traits. I would like to find a bull to AI heifers with. Many of the heifers I will be AI'ing will be out of these bulls. Any suggestions?We do have Neutron cows, Sitz Alliance cows, etc...
Boomer2008III.jpg

Chuckie-

In reference to the "Ole Boomer" bull: Excellent phenotype balance! There is no question that the Angus type represented by this bull, and Retail Product and other similar spectacular Angus Breed specimens are eye-popping examples of what concentrated EPD's and focused genetics have accomplished! No question.

The question(s) that arise concerning this size and type of beef bull and their resulting progeny, both bulls and cows (heifers) are the same talking points regarding mature size cow herds; if profitable beef production, taking everything into consideration, is your aim and your inevitable goals - then he/they are too big!

As a Beef Cattle Enthusiast (and I am!) who appreciates a fine, well-balanced, good LOOKING individual, these bulls and resulting progeny are optimal. But when one enters the "bottom line" figures on the Income Statements I feel that the figures that appear there COULD be indicating that smaller frames and paying more particular attention to 'value added' ideas and management details would show a higher Profit index.

In reference to the red-highlighted phrase in your post above; if you are looking for a bull with which to breed "Ole Boomer" type heifers, I suggest that you search for a frame-size smaller than
7.1!

DOC HARRIS

He doesn't look that tall to me, 7.1 frame that is. Maybe 5.5, and maybe it's just my eyes and computer screen.

Sizmic

DOC HARRIS":2qa54903 said:
Chuckie":2qa54903 said:
Here, I am going to post Ole Boomer again. He is out of Leachman Boomtime, and SAF Royal Las 8339. We have another bull out of Retail Product. I do wish I had a picture of him. He looks just like his sire. I can give you his reg. #DeerValley Retail Grit S6125 +15544196 So, Retail Product seems to pass his traits. I would like to find a bull to AI heifers with. Many of the heifers I will be AI'ing will be out of these bulls. Any suggestions?We do have Neutron cows, Sitz Alliance cows, etc...
Boomer2008III.jpg

Chuckie-

In reference to the "Ole Boomer" bull: Excellent phenotype balance! There is no question that the Angus type represented by this bull, and Retail Product and other similar spectacular Angus Breed specimens are eye-popping examples of what concentrated EPD's and focused genetics have accomplished! No question.

The question(s) that arise concerning this size and type of beef bull and their resulting progeny, both bulls and cows (heifers) are the same talking points regarding mature size cow herds; if profitable beef production, taking everything into consideration, is your aim and your inevitable goals - then he/they are too big!

As a Beef Cattle Enthusiast (and I am!) who appreciates a fine, well-balanced, good LOOKING individual, these bulls and resulting progeny are optimal. But when one enters the "bottom line" figures on the Income Statements I feel that the figures that appear there COULD be indicating that smaller frames and paying more particular attention to 'value added' ideas and management details would show a higher Profit index.

In reference to the red-highlighted phrase in your post above; if you are looking for a bull with which to breed "Ole Boomer" type heifers, I suggest that you search for a frame-size smaller than
7.1!

DOC HARRIS

DOC,
Our 7.2 frame bull gave us "shorter" females than the 6 frame bull on same cows.
Valerie

Latest posts