Angus bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
Our ABS rep says MYTTY In Focus is his best selling bull, with Foresight a close second. I'm also look at the GENEX bull SAV 8180 Traveler 004. Does anyone have any experience or opinons on any of these bulls? I'll put their Reg #s below. Thanks....

004 - 13512009
In Focus - 13880818
Foresight - 13936986
I87 - 13346328

OK, I threw in Alliance I87 because we keep liking him. :)

I've looked at a bunch of angus bulls this fall/winter to no avail. Seen quite a few of the Mitty In Focus sons, haven't seen one yet that I like - slabsided, pencil butt steers with nuts. But they've got great numbers. :roll:

cfpinz

If I was to chose out of those bulls, I would go with Trav 004. I have 3 bred heifers by him and they are my favorites. Good frame, muscle pattern and they look lik they will have real nice udders.

I am on the fence about In Focus. The main reason being Focus himself. They are good maternal cattle, but not much for the meat business. I have heard that there are some good, thick In Focus bulls around, but I have not seen any.

That would be like finding Jimmy Hoffa.

Foresight will sire more muscle, jam

004 will sire appetite and cattle with lots of style, not as much muscle on the whole. Depends on what you use him on.

I liked 004 in person. In Focus doesn't have enough middle for me.

I am planning on going to Parker's sale, however that is still 45 days away, things may change before then.
The 004's look good here in Denver. There are lots of them in the yards and there is a son in the NWSS bull sale Thursday that is the talk of the barn. You should take a look at the 004 son, SAV Net Worth 4200. He is putting more muscle(if that is possible) in them and in most cases a little bit more frame. The birth weight came down on the last EPD run which makes him even more attractive. The 004 yearling heifers that we have been breeding are pretty awesome, I can't wait to see them wet. I think that they will be his legacy when it is all said and done. See ya.

You couldnt' pay me to use MIF. No middle and overall just not a complete animal.

004 is a very impressive creature. I've only ever seen one bad animal out of him and I attribute that to the cow. The only thing I dont' like about 004 is that his MGS is New Trend.

I used WAR Alliance 9126 6006 on some first calf heifers, the birth weights ranged from 64 lbs. to 70 lbs. for bulls and heifers, born in the spring and fall. I recently flushed a R&J Maxima granddaughter to 9126 because of his spread of growth from birth to yearling. A 1.6 for birth, 66 for weaning, 34 for milk, 128 for yearling. Have a real nice coming yearling heifer out of a first calf heifer, she weaned at 600 lbs. at 200 days old, non-creep just momas milk and grass.

I like 004, still trying to get a couple of his daughters. This past year we used Boyd on Target 1083, and got some outstanding calves. I try to stay away from the 'bull-du-jour".

Frankie, my father and I plan on attending the Parker Ranch sale in Feb. Will you be present?

Bill

Cajun Cowboy - I hope you like frame, because you will get a lot of it with WAR Alliance!

3G-A-farm":38tipjpi said:
I like 004, still trying to get a couple of his daughters. This past year we used Boyd on Target 1083, and got some outstanding calves. I try to stay away from the 'bull-du-jour".

Frankie, my father and I plan on attending the Parker Ranch sale in Feb. Will you be present?

Bill

As of right now, yes, I plan to be there. They're not far from us. Do you have your eye on any particular cow?

Frankie, I have not seen any catalog as of yet. Did put in a request through Cotton-Assoc for one, hasn't arrived here in N KY yet.

3G-A-farm":23ewwpaf said:
Frankie, I have not seen any catalog as of yet. Did put in a request through Cotton-Assoc for one, hasn't arrived here in N KY yet.

The catalog isn't ready yet. I think it was to go to the printer today (the 12th).

County Cattle Association ( several breeders) near me just combined thier semen order and bought 380 units of In Focus. I was told the calves were just too small at birth,( 50-65 lbs ). I dont believe you are going to go no where in the business with those negative birth weight bulls. I would especially not use him on mature cows as you will certianly be asking to breed yourself in to calving trouble down the road. I also dont believe all the hipe of these calves having a 60 lb birth weights and a 875 lb weaning weight at 205 days .

Latest posts