Angus Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

showme

Reaction score
Out of these bulls which bull will be the best to breed to Brangus cow's to. These bulls may be veiwed at http://www.bovine-elite.com/angus.asp

BR Midland
Baldridge Albert 1391
Baldridge Nebraska 901
B C Sasquatch 20-20 4139
B/R New Frontier 095
Famous 7001
G A R US Premium Beef
G D A R Equalizer 6148
KMK Forager
ONeills Prime Force
A V 5175 Bando 0699
S A V 5175 Bando 1024

There is not enough information here for me to make a recommendation. Oh sure there are some names on your list I like; but BEI is only giving me EPDs and pedigree to go on. I am probably too old school (again); but I LIKE to know a Bull's real performance data. What is his mature, 24 month, 365 day, and 205 day real weights.? What is his frame score, hip height, scrotal circumference, etc? and show me a picture of his mama and BETTER, pictures of a couple of his best daughters and maybe some performance tests on his sons. Some Angus jock is going to have to make this call; based on info we don't have here. I am a big EPD guy; but I wouldn't buy anything based on the EPD alone (even when we have 95% accuracy) and I don't know ANY breed well enough to start picking sires off of a list based solely on an EPD and my memory. I am tempted to recommend Pine Drive Big Sky out of raw nostalgia (and respect for a lot of his daughters I have seen) but I recommend that you do more research before making a semen purchase.

SCfarms":1qfp3jye said:
Out of these bulls which bull will be the best to breed to Brangus cow's to. These bulls may be veiwed at http://www.bovine-elite.com/angus.asp

BR Midland
Baldridge Albert 1391
Baldridge Nebraska 901
B C Sasquatch 20-20 4139
B/R New Frontier 095
Famous 7001
G A R US Premium Beef
G D A R Equalizer 6148
KMK Forager
ONeills Prime Force
A V 5175 Bando 0699
S A V 5175 Bando 1024

Midland or New Frontier will give you the showiest cattle.

SAV Bando 1024 has really thick well balanced calves. A little BW, but nothing too bad! Good bull!

The two I liked were BR Midland, BC Sasquatch 20-20 4139 and SAV 5175 Bando 1024. I pick Midland as the best and Saquatch as the second best. THe 3rd bull I like is Bando 1024 his EPD's are great. I like the Midland bull because he looks great and he has probly the best EPD's out of those bulls. Bando 1024 is a little on the small side but has better EPD's than Saquatch. Who would yall prefferre Saquatch a growthier bull with ok EPD's or Bando 1024 a small stout bull with great EPD's. To me Midland is the best I just wanted to pick out 2 good bulls tell me what yall think.

why not use a brangus bull and register the calves in the gold program. you will get more for them when you sell them

SCfarms":297udy5m said:
The two I liked were BR Midland, BC Sasquatch 20-20 4139 and SAV 5175 Bando 1024. I pick Midland as the best and Saquatch as the second best. THe 3rd bull I like is Bando 1024 his EPD's are great. I like the Midland bull because he looks great and he has probly the best EPD's out of those bulls. Bando 1024 is a little on the small side but has better EPD's than Saquatch. Who would yall prefferre Saquatch a growthier bull with ok EPD's or Bando 1024 a small stout bull with great EPD's. To me Midland is the best I just wanted to pick out 2 good bulls tell me what yall think.
What makes great EPD's as opposed to just so so epd's.

SCfarms":3klwg6jg said:

BR Midland
Baldridge Albert 1391
Baldridge Nebraska 901
B C Sasquatch 20-20 4139
B/R New Frontier 095
Famous 7001
G A R US Premium Beef
G D A R Equalizer 6148
KMK Forager
ONeills Prime Force
A V 5175 Bando 0699
S A V 5175 Bando 1024
I'll go back to the same old comments I have made in the past - time after time! FOR WHAT PURPOSE ARE YOUR BREEDING YOU COWS? What are your GOALS? What are the EPD's of your cows? Are you keeping Replacement Heifers? Are you breeding for feedlot steers? Club calves? Show string? How many cows are you talking about. Are you expanding you herd or starting new? You have not provided enough information for a focused discussion.

SCfarms":37r0lkkm said:
I just want to breed some angus to some brangus cow so I can get a comm. heifer for the show ring.

For the show ring, I'd consider Famous and New Frontier. Famous was a hot bull in the show ring several years ago. New Frontier is being promoted by Express and Pollard here in OK, so I'd expect him to have some show quality. Good luck...